Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Suspension and chip question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 12:28 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension and chip question...

When I bought my car they said they had put stage 2 chips in it...when I picked it up they said they THINK they had them taken out...but didn't know if they did it or not...hwo can I tell??

Also, how do I know what type of suspension I have? I will be going underneath for the first time in a LOOOONG time...and I want to take a look while I am down there...thanks in advance!!
Old 11-19-2003, 12:58 AM
Chas
Pro

You can check the chips by looking in the DME and KLR. These two boxes are located on the passenger side under the front carpet and behind a wood panel (basically under where the passenger's feet would be). If you feel you are able....unscrew the two boxes from the bracket, and bend back the 8-10 little metal tabs that hold the covers on. Oh yeah...probably a good idea to disconnect the battery before you unplug them....I don't even know/think you need to, but I always do. Anywho, once you get the covers off, you separate the two circuit boards by first lifting the backs (far side away from where the cables plug in to the box) apart to the point that the two black plastic pegs pop apart. Then slide the top board away from the front (where the wires plug in) and unfold....you should be able to read stickers/serial #'s/some id off of the only chip on each board that you can "unplug"....

Damn, I'm typing too much tonight. But I do hope that helps...
Old 11-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Look at your shocks. What color are they? Measure the diameter of your sway (anti-roll) bars. What's the spring diameter up front?
Old 11-22-2003, 06:26 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

ok...got the boxes out and apart...but which chip is which? Where on the board would it be located? There is one chip that says siemens...thats all I can remember...that was in the bigger box...(hey, that sounds kinda dirty) *ahem* anyway, I have no clue where these things would be...
Old 11-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here a link Danno made up for installing chips. The pics should help you.

Danno's Chip Install Instructions
Old 11-22-2003, 09:36 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

ok...located the chip in my dme...can't get the klr apart and am afraid of breaking it...but....the DME housing had been written on in permanent marker Autothority V2.1...the chip itself had this writte on it...

D2732A
U710112MS
PGM @ 21V

what does this mean?
Old 11-23-2003, 12:40 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

bump...any help with this?
Old 11-23-2003, 02:13 PM
sushinav
Instructor

Yeah. Do not disconnect your battery. It takes static discharge and will prevent frying your DME. Your suspension can be figured out by the option code sheet stuck in your trunk. Unless it's been altered, then good luck. Bottom line: yellow is Koni. Black/grey is Sachs/Boge. Our sways (86) should be 24.5mm front, 18mm rear. Buy 10$ calipers and measure them.
Cheers,

Quick Reply: Suspension and chip question...