Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another rich running 951

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 12:52 AM
SummitP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pressure tested, and found bubbles coming from the idle stabilizer valve. It has been removed and serious JB weld job on it.
Test drive tomorrow. Checked everything else I could under the intake while it was off, everything looks ok. We'll see.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:29 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

For reference for you.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...tabilizer.html

Originally Posted by SummitP
pressure tested, and found bubbles coming from the idle stabilizer valve. It has been removed and serious JB weld job on it.
Test drive tomorrow. Checked everything else I could under the intake while it was off, everything looks ok. We'll see.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:42 PM
SummitP
Instructor

Got the jb welded idle stabilizer into the car, took it for a few drives, ran around 11.0 Afr, so a little better. Buddy invited me to go for a canyon rub with him, and really the car is actually running pretty well, so off we went. Car ran pretty well. Running about 14.5psi of boost, it scoots pretty good.
I let my buddy drive it, and got to take a turn in his car. I got to watch it, and it would dump a little bit of black smoke if he was coasting and them got on it, but it would go away after a couple seconds. When we went to change back, it sat idling for a minute use while we chatted. I jumped back in and got on it, and the engine temp was showing slightly higher than normal, a bit above the first line on the gauge from the bottom. It normally sits right on the line. We'll on wot in 2nd 3rd and 4th gears, it hung at about 11.4 Afr. Bingo. So why does the car run so cool all the time? When the temp dropped back down to normal, Afr were back down to 11.2-10.9.
Anyway, we had a blast, car actually is running pretty well, idles perfectly, and is perfectly civilized. Here is the car my buddy brought along...

Old 07-06-2017, 04:54 PM
SummitP
Instructor

Update. I tracked down another boost leak as it started going rich on me again. Currently the pressure test now reveals no leaks. Reset idle per Clark's. Then took it for a drive and idle Afr with o2 sensor plugged in was dropping to 13.6 well that is low. It also continued to run rich across the spectrum. Checked fqs to ensure I hadn't goofed around with that. Set it to two for kicks, and the idle with o2 disconnected went to 15.1. Plug in o2, idle goes right to 14.7 took a quick spin, and saw a 11.8afr at wot. Now we are talking. Fuel pressure at idle appears to be 43psi or so with the vacuum line still on.

Quick Reply: Another rich running 951