Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Recent Advances in Broken Speed Sensor Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:31 PM
NCLA951
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recent Advances in Broken Speed Sensor Removal?

So in my hunt for bogs and running issues I am replacing my speed and reference sensors, of course the one closest to the engine pulled right out with some twisting, but the one closest to the firewall was stuck solid. I could twist it with an open ended wrench and a long screw driver and soaked it with PB and let it sit over night. This morning I fashioned a puller from an adjustable angle small pry bar the width of the sensor and thin to slip under it. Couldn't get a good angle on it, so pulled intake (getting quick at that!). Got a good angle, it started to pull out, then viola! It broke right off. So I've already got my intake off, and I have read almost every thread on RL and PP, but wondering if there are any new methods for getting them out.

Will probably attempt pulling the bracket but that has its own issues. One guy on one thread drilled it out from above, pounded the rest out of the bottom, and turned the engine by hand until it fell out of the starter opening. That probably wouldn't work on the speed sensor if I understand correctly since it's .8mm from the flywheel and has no where to go down.

Any words of wisdom or encouragement appreciated.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:01 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, sounds like it is pull bracket time. bummer...

Quick Reply: Recent Advances in Broken Speed Sensor Removal?