Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell my 951.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 06:03 PM
911lnv87
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best advise is you shall keep it or you will be like other regretting selling it! and then buying another one for more plus the work to be done to make it like the one you use to have!
Old 12-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 847 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by 911lnv87
The best advise is you shall keep it or you will be like other regretting selling it! and then buying another one for more plus the work to be done to make it like the one you use to have!
I know, I know. And that's probably going to happen. But I just don't drive it often enough. I think I put less than 500 miles on last year. I've owned it since early '09 and only put 25,000 on it overall, and that's including years when I took it on trips of hundreds of miles. I think I like looking at it more than I like driving it.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:44 PM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BaT is good for sure, but kinda surprised not more people mentioned this place (Rennlist)... is this not a good place to sell a 951?
I'd like to think so.

It would seem to eliminate the eBay and Craiglist idiots, as your target audience is narrowed to Porsche enthusiasts. Personally I would like the idea of selling to a fellow enthusiast and having some degree of assurance that it's going to a good home.

I could be wrong.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:21 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neunfĂźnfeins
BaT is good for sure, but kinda surprised not more people mentioned this place (Rennlist)... is this not a good place to sell a 951?
I'd like to think so.

It would seem to eliminate the eBay and Craiglist idiots, as your target audience is narrowed to Porsche enthusiasts. Personally I would like the idea of selling to a fellow enthusiast and having some degree of assurance that it's going to a good home.

I could be wrong.
This is a good place too, although most of us already own them, some are looking. An auction can be an emotional momentum play, and also there are a lot of enthusiasts on BaT whose price sensitivity has more variance.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:25 PM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True. I might not be the "norm", but here (RL) and BaT were two of the many places I frequented regularly before I found mine. Actually I still frequent all the classifieds just to keep up on what's out there

Quick Reply: I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell my 951.