Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

good afrs when idle stabilizer is jumped

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 12:48 AM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default good afrs when idle stabilizer is jumped

Ok just got car running again and trying to get my afrs dialed in. I figured i would adjust my idle per procedure to see if it would help. I was overjoyed when i jumped the stabilizer valve and seen my afrs hovering in the 14s, however once i was done and restarted car it was running rich again 11s and 12s. Why would jumping the idle valve putting it in middle position give me good afrs but it goes crazy once done?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:03 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Hmmm.... might check your o2 sensor if you disabled them together...
Old 11-26-2016, 02:20 AM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

Does jumping the plugs in the diagnostic port for the idle stabilizer disable the o2 sensor and put it in closed loop?
Old 11-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by moalaska
Does jumping the plugs in the diagnostic port for the idle stabilizer disable the o2 sensor and put it in closed loop?
The DME test plan says the DME will switch off oxygen sensor control if you bridge terminals B and C in the test port with engine speed over 3600rpms. It also disables the O2 at idle if the eng temp is below 45c at idle or below 15c above idle. Whether your Vitesse software changes any of that, I don't know, but easy enough to rule out by just disconnecting the barrel connector for the O2 at the rear of the intake to see if that is the culprit. Also may be worth checking the engine temp sensor with a multimeter (clarks has the specs).
Old 11-26-2016, 07:09 PM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

My wideband should have a narrow band output i think ill just wire into my car and have dme read from that. No sense in buying another sensor and should eliminate the o2 as a problem.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:58 PM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

Ok im sitting in car now. Adjusted position of maf around a bit adjusted fuel pressure to 3 bar cold with engine off. Afrs are right between 14.6 and 14.8 after warming up for 10 minutes at 850 to 900 idle. I doubt it has switched over to closed loop yet its barely above the bottom line on temp guage. Ill go around block a couple times and see how it does. Can't really get it under much load with the snow lol without doing some major drifting but hard to watch afrs when doing that and don't have a data logger
Old 11-26-2016, 10:29 PM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

Ok once its warmed up idle afr goes down to 12.8 to 13. My cv axle came apart before any further road testing. After pushing it into garage still running, unplugged o2 sensor to see what would happe. Afr went down to 11. So sensor is sending a signal to dme, but i bet its still off. Time to take cv axle apart for the 5th time i think i need to get a better replacement cardone axles are garbage.

Quick Reply: good afrs when idle stabilizer is jumped