oil in the exhaust? oh oh

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 07:55 PM
bumflick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil in the exhaust? oh oh

I'm assuming this is not good.

I'm taking out the manifolds and crossover and replacing with new (to me) parts that I had ceramic coated. (Well I requested ceramic, but got powder coated. So shiny, but no heat protection)

Also going to replace the stock wastegate with a Tial and the stock k26-6 with an Evergreen rebuilt 26-8. (Because replacing 30 year old tech with 25 year old tech since I can't weld made sense at the time).

And because I'm a masochist - I just ordered a water pump and timing belt kit, since I've had the car 3 years and don't know when they were last done.

I have a couple parts sitting on the shelf that i'm going to throw on when I reassemble (M tune and Lart's fuel lines).

So, fun winter for me.

I'm fighting with the bolts to get the stock wastegate off and noticed a lot of oil in the exhaust pipe - it seems to settle where the wastegate dump pipe runs horizontal to the rear of the car. i had assumed the oil was leaking from the turbo, but are there any other potential sources I could check? Coolant is oil free and car does not run hot.

Oil on dipstick is clean - I changed it less than 200 miles ago.

Car also has an external oil leak - I'm thinking valve cover gasket, but have not had a chance to dig into that yet.

Any suggestions on oil source would be appreciated.

Malcolm
Old 11-23-2016, 09:38 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Not sure about your oil leak.

If you are getting a k26/8 from Charlie, if it is not too late, I would go k27/8.

I have the WG adapter Plates if needed.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:59 PM
bumflick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion.

I bought your adaptor plates over a year ago. I've been accumulating parts for a while.

And I have heard good things about the k27, but I got a deal on this unit that I could not pass up. Just want enough power to make things interesting, not trying to go nuts.

Quick Reply: oil in the exhaust? oh oh