1989 Porsche 944 Turbo with Lindsey 3 liter motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 01:28 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blade7
$200 for that info....
Do you have this info??? I’m Brian Hall and I built this car!
Old 05-19-2024, 09:08 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNasty951
No.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:43 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Brian, do you mean, you put the pieces together, originally the car was built for Robert (Rolex) before it was stolen.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:20 AM
MrNasty951
Banned

Lart,

Yes, I put the car back together. I remember going to your house and meeting you.

Last edited by MrNasty951; 05-20-2024 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2024, 12:30 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, I’d like to know as well.
It is still owned by a buddy of mine Jeff in Virginia. As far as I know it is running great!

Old 05-20-2024, 12:45 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Lart,

Yes, I put the car back together. I remember going to your house and meeting you.
Yes, I remember when you came to my house that was a year before this

Old 05-20-2024, 03:45 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Originally Posted by Josh B
It is still owned by a buddy of mine Jeff in Virginia. As far as I know it is running great!

can you have him contact me?

thanx in advance.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:08 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It’s all comfy here on a lift in my back shop, Chesapeake, Va.

I’m currently (and slowly) going through it as it needed a little attention in the maintenance/upkeep dept. I wanted to do a full timing belt/roller n’ reseal service while updating and/or rebuilding some of the go fast components (blow off valve, Wastegate, MAF setup/software) and possibly go for an updated tune on later software.
The vehicle still retains it’s factory ECU w/ piggyback unit, running on older tuning software.

The red powder coating on the oil pan was coming off in large chunks and as I was removing the crossmember and disconnecting the control arms to remove the oil pan, the silver powdercoating on those components was failing and looking like doo-doo…I’ll likely replace all of the front end supports with good used (and freshly bead-blasted) components.

What wasn’t powder coated red or silver was polished, and at one point I’m sure it looked glorious…I hope to revitalize most of those components or have them painted. The torque tube is steel so it was polished and clear coated…but looking a bit haggard these days…if I wind up pulling it I’ll likely replace it with a good used unit, freshly painted black. The control arms and such will be given a once over to bring back the nice satin polish they once had. They don’t look too bad tho. I’ll top it off with freshly rebuilt axles, brake lines and replace all of the ABS harness sections.

The interior is still quite nice, a crack on the dash was repaired in 2012 when I first picked up the vehicle…it needs to be addressed again, in the near future…doesn’t look too bad though. I’m returning the factory wheel/airbag as Tim (911 Crazy) had me install some Boujie carbon fiber/airbag thing that I can’t stand. (I forget the name of the company, fairly high end) and the Recaros he had me install are a bit narrow for my child bearing hips…so their future in this rehab may be short lived.

I see Lart is still here bloviating and exaggerating his involvement in bringing it back to life.

Lart, you provided a radiator core support as the dumb *** who stole the car damaged it trying to remove the driveline…the clip wasn’t cut, the car wasn’t hacked…quit trying to insert yourself into the story, exaggerating the extent of damage so you can justify your stupid low-ball comments. Go back to your Rennlist Bronze level of sponsorship world and provide your story telling services elsewhere, before my lawyer hits you with a cease and desist…and we wind up owning the rights to your makeshift 951 boneyard.

I tried to reach out to you in 2016, to discuss…you never got back to me. You possibly thwarted the sale of this vehicle, which is shameful. How you’re a Rennlist sponsor and don’t hold yourself to a higher standard blows my mind.

How pathetic, is your life THAT boring?

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 05-21-2024 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:38 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yeah my life is very boring, not working with 944’s anymore, I’m dealing with 911/964/993 interiors so I don’t have time to visit the 944 forum as much. I’m providing a service to the 993 community that only other vendor in the world does Waldermar in Germany and I here in the USA, how boring that can be?

Now in regard to Robert Ricciardi’s car (Rolex500) I spent many hours over the phone with him after the car was stolen from him by Mr. Morgan(turbi), I saw pictures at first hand, there was actually a thread with some pictures showing that the thief (turbi) had cut off some pieces from the front of the car, for some reasons foreign to me those pictures were deleted. My involvement in this issue was not with Brian he just picked some bolts and little stuff from me, but I was offered that car before anyone else to part out, but things changed since Robert wanted to recoup as much as he could from his loss. Here in California that car would have been deemed Salvage due to theft or vandalism, and if I were to buy a car, I would like to have the truth about such vehicle, the car was sold by copart and auction company for salvage and used cars, so were am ‘I distorting the truth? The fact that pictures were deleted purposely to hide the damaged, I don’t find that to be honest or transparent. If you think that I’m exaggerating fine, I stand by what I witnessed. Now I go back to my boring life

Old 05-21-2024, 02:54 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Default Me

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Thanks for the kind words Josh. I will get updated pictures here soon unless a local guy who has drooled over the car for years comes through in the next day or two.

this photo is not good for me. I was in the middle of moving this day and was dirty as hell. Lol

Quick Reply: 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo with Lindsey 3 liter motor