944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo with Lindsey 3 liter motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016 | 01:19 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

That car is definitely gorgeous from the looks of the posts. I really hope you get $35k for it... means the guy that just bought mine will be in good shape in the future.

I'm no expert, by any means, but, just like with high mileage, I would not expect a salvage title to make as big of a difference in values with cars approaching 30 years old by now. Clearly this car has been "gone through".
Old 11-05-2016 | 09:27 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

This DOES NOT have a Salvage Title so I'd appreciate those that keep saying it does to please stop. Thank you.
Old 11-06-2016 | 12:57 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
This DOES NOT have a Salvage Title so I'd appreciate those that keep saying it does to please stop. Thank you.
I'm not trying to defame or hurt the sale at all, that was not my intention I assumed you knew the history behind the car, if the title is not salvaged someone obviously cleaned it up. This is a very small community and we try to be honest with each other and we would expect nothing less than honesty when engaging in business transactions. I guess at one point one of the sellers failed to disclosed the truth, the car was stolen and cut to pieces actually some of the parts were just cut off and the shell was auctioned by copart with 4 pallets of parts .

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...-for-sale.html

Last edited by lart951; 11-06-2016 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2016 | 06:44 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Everyone who's been on here since say...1998-1999 and still here knows the whole history of the car - maybe not all the owners names but the history of the car. It is what it is. It is indeed a very special car and a great build, restoration again, and it's still out there. GLWS
Old 11-06-2016 | 07:07 AM
Thom
Race Car

As far as I can remember from some pictures posted on here after the car was recovered from the stealer the bodywork was not damaged and the car "just" needed to be put back together, so to speak. The bodywork did not seem to have been cut or requiring any panel work at all, again as far as I can remember. The guy who brought it back to its former glory probably made it even cleaner than when RolexNJ had it.

GLWS.
Old 11-06-2016 | 10:57 AM
blade7
Drifting

Originally Posted by lart951

If it's salvage ain't worth 33k maybe in parts but not as a whole
It's an odd situation where a great looking road worthy car is worth $33k chopped up again, but less as a whole...
Old 11-06-2016 | 11:05 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Salvage or not, the car isn't COA material for the purists.

Given the investment it takes to make a 3L turbo together with the condition of the car the price is very reasonable.

GLWS
Old 11-06-2016 | 12:35 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thom
As far as I can remember from some pictures posted on here after the car was recovered from the stealer the bodywork was not damaged and the car "just" needed to be put back together, so to speak. The bodywork did not seem to have been cut or requiring any panel work at all, again as far as I can remember. The guy who brought it back to its former glory probably made it even cleaner than when RolexNJ had it.

GLWS.
I wish the seller good luck as well, i was under the impression the car had a salvage title, the car looks great no doubt and for the right buyer it's worth 35k+ I agree, Im not making things up, turby cut the front clip and damaged the front of the car and wiring as well, pictures are all gone now but if you read the following thread you can read people's reaction that thought the car was crashed that's how much damaged it had.

look at post #9 and post #16

At the time of the incident I spent many hours with Rob Ricciardi over the phone in regards to the car, that's how I happen to know about it, so please don't accuse me of making things up. I was obviously legitimate interested in the car and from my business perspective I had a different pricing in mind. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Last edited by lart951; 11-06-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2016 | 09:36 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just to repeat some of the wording from when I posted my car up for sale 4 years ago - as posted by Tim already...

"This car originally came out of New Jersey and although it has a clean carfax and title it was stolen at one point and recovered. In the process all of the VINs were removed from the car except for one. The hood and core support were replaced due to damage incurred. The original driver’s seat was replaced with a 4 way power factory sport seat and then I replaced the passenger seat with a matching 4 way power factory sport seat. The dash incurred a small cut in the middle although I have a perfect black 968 dash (identical) that I will include with the car."

I bought this car from Brian Hall for $17,250 on 10/5/2010. He was the one that spent countless hours making everything right from the theft recovery and polishing any aluminum he could find on the car. When I bought it and trailered it home the ring and pinion were chipped. The trans was taken apart, cleaned to the inth degree and rebuilt. In addition I spent hours and hours with John Joseph at Vitesse getting all the tuning working just right as there was an issue with the injectors. In total over my 2 years of ownership of the car I put 8k into it. All of the service records are still posted on the link Tim copied from my original ad. In addition there is still a video on youtube of the dyno run done.

Tim was a stand up guy to work with when I sold the car. Everything he said he was going to do he did and it was a pleasure to do a business deal with him.

I'm looking forward to seeing updated pictures! In the meantime here is a picture from 10/5/2010 when I picked up the car from Brian in Virginia.

Last edited by Josh B; 11-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2016 | 05:03 AM
Thom
Race Car

Originally Posted by lart951
if you read the following thread you can read people's reaction that thought the car was crashed that's how much damaged it had.

look at post #9 and post #16
Ok, I had forgotten about this.
Old 11-07-2016 | 10:58 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Josh B
Just to repeat some of the wording from when I posted my car up for sale 4 years ago - as posted by Tim already...

"This car originally came out of New Jersey and although it has a clean carfax and title it was stolen at one point and recovered. In the process all of the VINs were removed from the car except for one. The hood and core support were replaced due to damage incurred. The original driver’s seat was replaced with a 4 way power factory sport seat and then I replaced the passenger seat with a matching 4 way power factory sport seat. The dash incurred a small cut in the middle although I have a perfect black 968 dash (identical) that I will include with the car."

I bought this car from Brian Hall for $17,250 on 10/5/2010. He was the one that spent countless hours making everything right from the theft recovery and polishing any aluminum he could find on the car. When I bought it and trailered it home the ring and pinion were chipped. The trans was taken apart, cleaned to the inth degree and rebuilt. In addition I spent hours and hours with John Joseph at Vitesse getting all the tuning working just right as there was an issue with the injectors. In total over my 2 years of ownership of the car I put 8k into it. All of the service records are still posted on the link Tim copied from my original ad. In addition there is still a video on youtube of the dyno run done.

Tim was a stand up guy to work with when I sold the car. Everything he said he was going to do he did and it was a pleasure to do a business deal with him.

I'm looking forward to seeing updated pictures! In the meantime here is a picture from 10/5/2010 when I picked up the car from Brian in Virginia.

Thanks for the kind words Josh. I will get updated pictures here soon unless a local guy who has drooled over the car for years comes through in the next day or two.
Old 11-19-2016 | 05:56 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

New price, $32,500 OBO.
Old 05-16-2024 | 12:25 PM
eospeed
Racer

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
New price, $32,500 OBO.

Any clue where this is now?
Old 05-16-2024 | 01:22 PM