Wrecked The P-Car :( Me=Dumbass

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 03:16 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrecked The P-Car :( Me=Dumbass

Hey guys,
I have completed the worst sin ever. I wrecked my car today . I was leaving school, when I went around a turn in the parking lot and got on it a lil bit, I hit full boost and went completly sideways and hit two small trees with the front end of my car. After I hit the first one I swear I spun 2-3 full circles and hit the second tree with the front dirver fender. I came to a stop facing the same way I was originally going.

My two best friends were in front of me and came back to help me out. The car didn't look damaged to bad, drivable at least. I got in it to drive away, started it and the idle climbed to 2,000rpm's before I shut it off. We looked under the car and I saw a huge puddle of oil. So we pushed the car into a spot and thats where its setting until after work when my boss and I are going to get it.

Yes the acident was my fault, I was begin stupid. Never underestimate the power of these cars, I didn't expect the car to even go sideways.

Flame Me at will.

But, Anyone know where I can get two front fenders, hood, header panel and possable front mask?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:27 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if you have full coverage, pay the deductible, and have them pay for it.

If not, try your best to keep costs down. Hopefully you blew a hose, or broke something small.

I had a friend who mashed the throttle on a turn, than the boost kicked in on us, and his car took 4 spins until it came to a stop. We barely missed the tree. Thank god their were no cars heading that way or else it would have been bad.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:30 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Hey v944god,
Thanks for replying. No I don't have full coverage. I have liability only. The work will be done over the winter by me except paint. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get these parts for a decent amount. I'll throw a pic of it up later tonight when I get my car. My digi-cam was in the car, who knows where its at now.....
Old 10-23-2003, 04:36 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wes, I know what you mean. My family can barely afford insurance on 3 crap cars, imagine full coverage on a 951 for me.

How did the body turn out? Just aslong as the frame is intact than you should be fine. During my accident I got lucky because the quarter panel could be popped back out, they didnt need to weld on a new piece.

And what's mechanical wrong with the car? Oil spill?

Find out whats wrong with the car, and post it here. Alot of people here are nice enough to sell you parts at a pretty cheap price.

BTW, that is one nice 951.

Were you trying to show off to your friends when the car spun out? I did the same exact thing but in a very old van.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:43 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

v944god,
Thanks again. The front end was smashed up pretty good. The lower mask (if thats what u wanna call it) looks ok, kinda scraped up. The header panel is smashed down. The hood and passenger headlight cover are banged up. The passenger side fender is smashed back in the front, the driver side front fender has a small dent before the front tire.

All this is kind of hard to describe, but the damage is not to extensive. I'm just worried about what cause the oil to spill, hopefully broken oil line or something small of the sort, I don't know what would cause the engine to rev thou.

Thanks again.

No I wasn't trying to show off, I was just begin stupid, not thinking that my tires would break loose. Its all a blur now

Hopefully my car will turn out to look nicer when i'm done
Old 10-23-2003, 04:51 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Yep, sometimes that boost comes out of no where on you. Ask me how I know

Except mine was in the rain with a more speed and a whole lotta dumb luck that I didn't hit anyone from oncoming traffic. Yes, I spun across a grass medain about 2-3 times and ended up in the shoulder facing the opposite way. Had friends behind me in Corvette. Yes, I was showing off. They said it looked like I did it on purpose. NOPE!!
Old 10-23-2003, 04:53 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wes I know how you feel. After my accident, I felt like crap for days. I couldn't believe my car was totalled.

But, I remember when I first got my license couple years ago. I was driving an old van for work doing deliveries. So I'm at a light, and it just stopped drizzling a bit. A friend wants to see what this van got. So I punch the v8 and take a 90 degree turn doing around 40-50. The van didn't flip, it actually lost the back end, we fishtailed, I braked and braked, van wouldn't stop, lost control and we were going head first into a wooded area. I tried one last time to break, and the brakes caught, and stopped an inch before we hit the trees dead on. I got out of the van laughing my *** off. Ended up only having a flat tire.

I learned a hugeee lesson from that. Don't show off because your the one whos going to get f**ked.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:59 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Once, I hit full boost going through a corner, lost it, and spun my way across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic. Everyone slammed on brakes, and luckily, no collision, just a lot of angry glares, and me sheepishly driving away. I got lucky there. Very lucky.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Same here... spun mine pretty good when a blip of the throttle sent up my 245's in a blaze of glory. 3 spins across 2 lanes, and if there was traffic....

Fix it, then learn the car. I'm still learning part 2 of that statement.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:06 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

So...

Let me get this straight...

You were in what gear? I'm gonna guess 1st or 2nd if you were in a parking lot...

You floor it in 1st or 2nd (with or without LSD?)...allow the car to get on boost...and you expect it to hold traction going around a corner?

GET TO AN AUTOCROSS.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:09 PM
yarin
Racer

AutoX.... learn the car off the street.

Just a side though.. but u shouldn't be on boost till the oil pressure comes down.

Gluck with your repair.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Billy W
Racer

I have spun too in a curve on full boost car did a 360 inbetween the 2 concrete curbs did not touch a thing so I just kept on driving.
But any way I have a red drivers side fender that you can make me an offer on. It is in good shape.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:27 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

WOW, so I'm not the only one that has spun into on coming traffic.

To this day I still realize how damn lucky it was that no one was coming. In the rain they all would have locked up and hit head on.

Didn't even drive for a couple days after that.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Today's your lucky day(or maybe not). There's a complete red front clip in e-bay with a no reserve starting bid of 800. It appears that the header panel is dented but otherwise it looks to be in good shape.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:29 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Insurance, full cover for me and my friends to drive it is USD150 per year. Is that about what you guys pay? No excess on windows...

Quick Reply: Wrecked The P-Car :( Me=Dumbass