Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:09 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks
I'm a little confised.

Broadfoot tuned it a second time. and then you had it shipped to another company who modified the Broadfoot tune and then shipped it to you. Is that the correct order of steps?

Did you ever have the car with the second Broadfoot tune?
If the second shop retuned it, how do you know how the Broadfoot tune was actually running? You have the claims of the second shop but it is their tune that is running poorly.

Am I missing something here or do I have the details mixed up?
Car came back running like a$$ the 1st time 9.8s air fuel and leaking oil all over ... Sent it back had it warrantied ... Now they returned it it runs a lot better just minor things but it still leaks oil front crank seal just confirmed it.. Other shop never touched the tune just a leak down compression and looked it over
Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 951blur
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Like I said they were extremely slow. But in their defense the parts are second to none. The billet Mount they made me and the braided stainless hoses are first rate.
The billet mount was manufactured by Tial and designed by a Rennlister. Broadfoot just sells them.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Where are you in NY. We have a lot of guys that do great work here
Old 06-14-2016, 11:42 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stephencs601
Where are you in NY. We have a lot of guys that do great work here
45 mins north of NYC
Old 06-15-2016, 01:40 AM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wrt Chris white

I bought a used tec3 here in rennlist (one of his kits) about a year and a half ago. I bought a few missin pieces and paid a little bit for support, then put it all on the shelf. Fast forward to 3 days ago Friday. I called him, ready to fire up my 3.3l motor with the tec3 installed. Chris had a tune in my hands sun night. Car fired up tonight with minimal tweeking. Very happy
Old 06-15-2016, 06:12 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dizzyj
Wrt Chris white

I bought a used tec3 here in rennlist (one of his kits) about a year and a half ago. I bought a few missin pieces and paid a little bit for support, then put it all on the shelf. Fast forward to 3 days ago Friday. I called him, ready to fire up my 3.3l motor with the tec3 installed. Chris had a tune in my hands sun night. Car fired up tonight with minimal tweeking. Very happy
Really hmm maybe I'll do that !!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:26 PM
EliteThink
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzyj
Wrt Chris white

3.3L? how big can these motors get?
Old 06-16-2016, 09:33 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
Sounds awful and sorry to hear. How did you guys come across them initially (recommendation, etc)? I've seen these sorts of reviews for years on RL - looks like buyer beware and hopefully your review saves someone else some grief.
+1 For years Broadfoot has been known as a place not to do business with. I'm really surprised your son chose them! When you put in "Broadfoot Racing" in google the first thing that pops up is "buyer beware" followed by a few more down below.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:36 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Ok so front crank seal is missing the Teflon washer and is leaking pretty good .... Talk about professionals
Old 06-16-2016, 02:31 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EliteThink
3.3L? how big can these motors get?
I've heard of a 3.5l
Old 06-16-2016, 09:43 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
+1 For years Broadfoot has been known as a place not to do business with. I'm really surprised your son chose them! When you put in "Broadfoot Racing" in google the first thing that pops up is "buyer beware" followed by a few more down below.
For some reason the folks on the Facebook 951 page are still mostly backing Broadfoot blindly due to their presence on there. It reminds me why I left that group...not sure why I rejoined.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:28 AM
Jon951
Instructor

Yes I too have had my disappointments with timely delivery. However I got products of unique design and quality. While expressing my frustration in person with another long term customer I came around to his more reasoned and effective outlook. He said it is a matter of setting your own expectations of the cost not only in money but also in time for the quality of the product eventually received. For example, if you want a new motor you don't wait until your current motor is blown, you order a spare a year in advance. As a result I have multiple spares of custom pieces and thus don't expect instant turn around from this high quality, high demand, limited capability source. This reduces both my stress and his. It also means that he might rather work on my items rather than some others. This is mere supposition on my part...

In my experience it is always better to value and expect performance from someone for what they are good at if you can manage around the frustrations by setting appropriate expectations. In some cases that is simply not possible. It's a judgement call. We are each our own judge.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:21 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by alxdgr8
For some reason the folks on the Facebook 951 page are still mostly backing Broadfoot blindly due to their presence on there. It reminds me why I left that group...not sure why I rejoined.
Due to the format of FB itself, the FB 951 page cannot and does not pretend to be as much a "thorough" source of information as a forum like here, and throughout the years it has turned out that folks seem to be using it mostly as some kind of 951 chit-chat page with/for relatively immediate/spontaneous exchanges, hence wider variations in the quality of its content, which necessarily results from a wider range of characters.
What goes behind the scene though should remain a problem between said characters and anyone is welcome to not buy into anything that is posted... which is probably why you rejoined
Old 06-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JBrown
Ok so front crank seal is missing the Teflon washer and is leaking pretty good .... Talk about professionals

Crank seal is not suppose to have Teflon washer.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:16 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charlie
Crank seal is not suppose to have Teflon washer.
Looking at the brake down there is a washer that was missing some one told me it was Teflon .. I ordered one along with seal forget that part number .. Maybe it's like Teflon ... But it's missing lol

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Broadfoot racing