LR Fuel Rail/Remote FPR

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 11:09 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts
Cool LR Fuel Rail/Remote FPR

If you have one and/or both - please report your experience.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:43 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Got 1 with the OEM style adjustable FPR and like it.
Not crazy about the damper...need to find out if we can run a remote damper.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:36 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Have 3 of them. All work well. Newest one is the best of the 3. Peoples issues with the 2 post in my opinion is they were not installed properly. My 2 post never gave me any problems. There were 2 versions of the 4 post. Newer one is slightly shorter on the damper end.

Last edited by gruhsy; 05-22-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:08 AM
numbskull
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The older 2 post rail did not work for me so I purchased the 4 post which worked out much better. The remote fuelab works great, no issues. You can install a gauge minus your cruise control motor but it's in a good spot there. The marren damper is too long on the rail. I never liked it that close to the firewall but if you have nice big wrenches you can get it shortened up a bit more. If I had a choice, the CEP rail would be ideal on fw space but the LR kit is solid. Just do not bend the 4 post legs on install or removal.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:14 AM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had issues with the Fuel Lab regulator and took it off and installed an adapter to allow me to use a standatd Bosch regulator - I am using the Cosworth 3.5 bar version, not sure if this also fits the Porsche version. The issue was the Fuel Lab drops off pressure (by design) too quickly for my setup and this caused issued with hot starting. Other than that I really like the rail and I am also now running without the damper. I had my own lines made up using Pro Gold PTFE lines, these do not seep fuel vapor and also are not as abrasive against anything they touch. The fuel pressure regulator adapter I used was from Radium Engineering and also works well.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Given that 1) I'd like to keep the Cruise Control, and 2) I'll be running with the 3 bar FPR to go with the M-Tune setup - perhaps there is some consideration for using the LR product?

I've come to far to allow an OEM Fuel Rail ruin a good thing by initiating a fire type event under the hood.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:48 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
Given that 1) I'd like to keep the Cruise Control, and 2) I'll be running with the 3 bar FPR to go with the M-Tune setup - perhaps there is some consideration for using the LR product?

I've come to far to allow an OEM Fuel Rail ruin a good thing by initiating a fire type event under the hood.
Get the rail with the saddle adapter for the factory fuel regulator from Lindsey and I would highly recommend you get some high quality PTFE lines such as the pro gold, preferably ones with the high temp, less abrasive material.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:11 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thinking this is the way to go Jay (adjustable FPR). I have a Bosch 3 bar FPR and am running M-tune but have had problems running rich and the only thing I can think of at this point is the FPR, everything else seems to check out good. Will know for sure after I get through the CA smog test and can start playing some more.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:49 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by nick_968
Get the rail with the saddle adapter for the factory fuel regulator from Lindsey and I would highly recommend you get some high quality PTFE lines such as the pro gold, preferably ones with the high temp, less abrasive material.
Roger the hoses. Saddle adapter...is it fair to assume that this will permit using the 3 bar FPR?

Originally Posted by mtnman82
Thinking this is the way to go Jay (adjustable FPR). I have a Bosch 3 bar FPR and am running M-tune but have had problems running rich and the only thing I can think of at this point is the FPR, everything else seems to check out good. Will know for sure after I get through the CA smog test and can start playing some more.
Let me know how it goes. Sounds like a similar setup as mine.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:13 AM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
Roger the hoses. Saddle adapter...is it fair to assume that this will permit using the 3 bar FPR?

Let me know how it goes. Sounds like a similar setup as mine.
When I set mine up I did look at the saddle adapter but I could not tell from the pictures how it would work with the AN lines, so I went with the Radium piece. It also allows use of cheaper standard fuel pressure regulators at any of the standard Bosch ranges i.e. 2.5 bar, 3 bar, 3.5 bar and 4 bar. Maybe give Lindsey a shout and see if the saddle adapter works with AN lines or it you have to retain the factory lines.

Quick Reply: LR Fuel Rail/Remote FPR