Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

brackets and rivets for batwing belly pan

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 01:14 AM
951bo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brackets and rivets for batwing belly pan

So I just recently got a 86 and the batwing is not correctly mounted. It seems the riveted hardware (3) is gone. I have since located a hardware kit on ebay however its the complete hardware kit. I'm only wanting the three brackets and I don't want to spend $125 for the whole thing. I also found anther place amnworks selling a hardware kit for $23 however it doesnt include the brackets I need for the actual batwing.

Does anyone know where these brackets that get riveted on can be had? Thanks for the help..
Old 04-10-2016, 11:44 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

http://www.porscheatlantaperimeterpa...category=20116

I don't know exactly what you're looking for. Do you see it here?
Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go to Arnworx site, pretty sure they have what you are looking for.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:22 AM
951bo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
http://www.porscheatlantaperimeterpa...category=20116

I don't know exactly what you're looking for. Do you see it here?
They don't sell just the L (3) brackets that are riveted on the plastic batwing. They do sell what I need in a kit on ebay however its like $90 and it comes with all other hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222053935850...xe=exe,ext=ext its the brackets to the left of the rivets.

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
Go to Arnworx site, pretty sure they have what you are looking for.
Last night I was about to buy the kit they have when I discovered the pic says comes with everything but what I need. Which is the three l brackets that are riveted to the wing itself.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:49 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

Ian's price for that hardware kit is f***ing crazy. Arnnworx FTW

As for the brackets...In all seriousness you could probably modify something from the Home Depot shelf/drawer hardware section to work there. They sell pre-drilled angle brackets for stuff...
Old 04-11-2016, 04:37 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Rocket
Ian's price for that hardware kit is f***ing crazy. Arnnworx FTW

As for the brackets...In all seriousness you could probably modify something from the Home Depot shelf/drawer hardware section to work there. They sell pre-drilled angle brackets for stuff...

Yeah, it's very easy to find a bracket or something else at the hardware store. I used a metal fence material which comes in a roll and you just cut off the exact length you need with wire cutters. It has holes and slots all along to allow an infinite choice of mounting holes for the OEM screws/bolts. It's exactly the same width as the OEM brackets and has alternating round holes and oblong holes. I can't remember exactly what it's called but it worked perfectly and it's super cheap, like less than $5. And if your car is less than perfect as they almost always are under there, you can lengthen the bracket to meet your car's needs. It's not as pretty as factory but it's cheap, works well and stays put. I did mine years ago and haven't touched it since.

Quick Reply: brackets and rivets for batwing belly pan