Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Buds to the rescue

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Buds to the rescue

The Hulk had been running poorly for some time. It got worse and worse until last weekend it stalled a few times and then, died. I pushed it home with the help of neighbors and then the obsession began.

Yesterday, I put the new coil in that had gone bad; and now the car is running strong again.

But, in the interim, I had lots of help from my buds. Pete, Anderson, Sean, Philip my Son, a few from Rennlist and the auto parts place. Pete who has a repair place told me to check for spark, and fuel. Did the bypass of the DME, not the cause. Checked for Tach bounce, that was there. I pulled the coil brought it to work and Ohm tested it. Well the limits seemed a bit off, Pete said buy a new coil. Well it worked and my Son and I will be out again this Sunday. The time we spend together is so priceless. I had no Dad so him and I together have a blast.

I will be bringing the car to Pete to do the Timing Belt, Water Pump, pulley's and a major tune-up.

So thanks to all who gave their time and knowledge to help me thru the issue.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:45 PM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear you are back on the road. We have a ton of knowledgeable people on here.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Good to have Porsche friends.

Quick Reply: Buds to the rescue