Fed ex lost my 18x11 hollow spoke rim

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:49 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
My thought was why would fed ex except a supposedly poorly packaged item and the profesional at the fed ex counter insure it? If it was poorly packaged I would think that the pro's at the fed ex counter have seen enough packages to know better and said something. An example: USPS won't except any boxes if duct tape is used to seal it up. I'm sure this isn't the first set of rims and tires that were shipped from that location. And fed ex claims it was bad packaging after supposidly reviewing one photo that I provided to the seller. The last locations manager said he would look for them and would call me back 24-48 hrs later. Exactly 1 hour later I get a call from him stating he can't find it. That raised a red flag to me.
That does sound fishy. I dont know how it works over there, but i would be getting my solicitor involved getting a letter written up ect saying legal action will be taken if ntohing is done about it. as they're not following protocol. if its ensured, they should be giving you a pay out ect.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:28 AM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

My personal experience with Fedex is that they'll play every card they can to shirk away from responsibility. In my case it was something stupid it would have taken them no effort to make right (I paid a premium for an overnight part I needed to get my car driving, and they took a week). I got scripted excuses from every rep I talked to, it ended with me having to drive to the physical facility where my part was and pick it up...hour out of my way. The excuses they made were unbelievable.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:41 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Apparently MR M.V at the fed ex FEI center has located my rim and tire but it's missing the center cap. I can see how those just fall right off. Not that they make a tool for center cap when the rim is on the car or anything... I have a package that I have to sign for coming to me tomorrow I found out thru a fed ex text alert. I've never had a text from them before. They claim the seller was compinsated $12?.00 And because they truly lost it he gets to keep it. So I'm going to ask for a matching center cap from him to complete the deal since I did all the work and I'm still missing a center cap. Sounds fair to me. Right? He can keep the change. It's a plastic concaved Porsche logo colored cap. There not that special. It's not like a 993 turbo s hub cap or anything crazy like that. Just plastic. That's all I want now is a small round plastic disc with a Porsche logo on it. I'm mean once I know my lost rim and tire show up tomorrow. Then I'll want the plastic disc with a Porsche logo on it. I hope it's not damaged.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:05 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Glad they found it at least. As far as the cap goes it couldn't hurt to ask, some of those caps get high I needed one replaced and it was $140 and it was a plastic one but mine was for wheels that were discontinued so that probably didn't help.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:20 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

I've got a bunch of spare center caps laying around. Ping me.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Wheel Dynamics 2
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
What you need are some 3 pcs kinesis in your life
Yes he does...

Attached Images    
Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Well I got the rim and tire. And it has the center cap. But the crest is missing from the center cap. Do they usually just fall off?

Quick Reply: Fed ex lost my 18x11 hollow spoke rim