Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016 | 12:18 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
Anecdotally, I read that the stage 2 was pretty awesome, but discontinued due to parts availability for the turbo. Anyone running the stage 3?
Well, I'm guilty for not keeping everyone updated of the new products.

The S2 & S2R were discontinued a few years back due to parts availability.

However, last summer we introduced a new line of turbos. There is a new S2, S3, S4 and S5. All using Billet comp wheels.
Old 01-04-2016 | 01:43 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951

However, last summer we introduced a new line of turbos. There is a new S2, S3, S4 and S5. All using Billet comp wheels.

Just checked your website didnt see any info regarding the new line a turbos. Very interested on the new S2 or S3 specs or pricing. Might just need to sell my newly acquired turbo and K27/8 for it.

Thanks for the heads up John.
Old 01-04-2016 | 03:22 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Originally Posted by shortyboy

Just checked your website didnt see any info regarding the new line a turbos. Very interested on the new S2 or S3 specs or pricing. Might just need to sell my newly acquired turbo and K27/8 for it.

Thanks for the heads up John.
+1
Old 01-04-2016 | 05:42 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Interesting what would you gain by upgrading to the new turbo ? Spool=?
Old 01-04-2016 | 11:16 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adonay
Interesting what would you gain by upgrading to the new turbo ? Spool=?
I installed a pre-billet stage 5 VR turbo this summer (before the change) and it gets to 1 bar by 3k RPMs. All 3 liter motors are unique, so results with a VR2/3 on a 2.5L may be different. If seat of the pants is any indication, this turbo makes more power everywhere than the original one that made 500rwhp. The first VR5 turbo blew up my tranny. The second one blew up my CV joints. Not sure I want to find the next weakest link with the billet turbo... (probably the clutch limits)....

Last edited by Tom M'Guinn; 01-05-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2016 | 08:39 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Where can we find info on these new packages? The website I have for you still has the older 1, 3, 3r, etc. Need to know what to ask Santa for this year.
Old 02-08-2016 | 09:45 PM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Default mafs

John, do you now use slot mafs like the PMAS programmable HPX ? Do you offer 90mm mafs for larger 60 series turbos?
Old 02-09-2016 | 01:16 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Age old question....still love to know what.compressor/turbine wheels are actually in VR turbos. Tons of great reviews and I'm interested in the new products If I know whats in them. Zero interest what-so-ever if I dont know what I'm buying.
Old 02-09-2016 | 02:07 AM
PF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
Age old question....still love to know what.compressor/turbine wheels are actually in VR turbos. Tons of great reviews and I'm interested in the new products If I know whats in them. Zero interest what-so-ever if I dont know what I'm buying.

I think that everyone has to accept that companys has trade secrets. In this case great turbos made solely for the 951.
If someone dont like that the "recipe" is a secret its free to make their own products.

If I were you I would just get one of those turbos and enjoy it

Regards
Peder
Old 02-09-2016 | 11:11 AM
raleighBahn
Pro

Hey folks, lets please not trot out that old horse in this thread - there are at least 100 threads where somebody pipes up about the business model and crashes the conversation. I'd just like to see the new offerings available, the features, and cost. I have no problem with protection of IP, paid support, and all that.

There is a place for it with customers that want a good experience. There is also a place for roll your own, standalone, and all of that. There are a lot of customer demographics in this community, which is terrific. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2016 | 12:28 PM
PF
Rennlist Member

Hey folks, lets please not trot out that old horse in this thread - there are at least 100 threads where somebody pipes up about the business model and crashes the conversation. I'd just like to see the new offerings available, the features, and cost. I have no problem with protection of IP, paid support, and all that.

There is a place for it with customers that want a good experience. There is also a place for roll your own, standalone, and all of that. There are a lot of customer demographics in this community, which is terrific. Thanks!
I totally agree with you and do not want to crash the conversation but why dismiss a very good product just because it's components are not known? Vitesse has not wanted to reveal this earlier and probably not now either.
Agree that they really have to update the site with all the nice new parts John talks about!

Enough about that and keep up the good work on this car. Like that DIY on the alusil very much and would love to hear about how it worked out down the road.

And get that Vitesse turbo now

Thanks
Peder
Old 02-09-2016 | 03:03 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Where can we find info on these new packages? The website I have for you still has the older 1, 3, 3r, etc. Need to know what to ask Santa for this year.

Just updated the website. I will keep updating/adding info as I have information to share.
I'm sure you'll have a question or two. Fell free to drop me a line.

We are having our yearly sale, hope you can take advantage of the savings.
Take a look at the Specials
Old 02-09-2016 | 03:09 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Naplesguy06
John, do you now use slot mafs like the PMAS programmable HPX ? Do you offer 90mm mafs for larger 60 series turbos?
Years back, I experimented with the "slot" type MAF. Even though, slot style sensor offers a good packaging solution, I decided against it as its signal was very noisy in comparison to the MAF we use.

Over the years we have used various MAF sensors in different sizes. We have the software to support just about any MAF out there. If you have the room, as in a race car, we can provide you a 90mm MAF or whatever size you want.
Old 02-09-2016 | 03:29 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

I rode in Jeremy Himsel's car with a Vitesse system right around the time I finished my M-tune system on my car. There wasn't enough difference to be noticeable.
Old 02-09-2016 | 06:57 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by azbanks
I rode in Jeremy Himsel's car with a Vitesse system right around the time I finished my M-tune system on my car. There wasn't enough difference to be noticeable.
Wow, that's a name from the past. Jeremy is one of the original customers, from 13 or 14 years ago. Glad to hear he is doing well and still driving his 951 with the old setup from years back.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Racing