Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Am I selling my 951 for too little?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 12:57 PM
crazyracer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5 K sounds a lot to me for a car with a seized engine and a 5 exterior.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:12 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ya it does. 5k is pretty high.

I'm looking at a car for 4k, 7 exterior, 7 interior, engine working fine. 140k miles, needs work, but for 4k.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:33 AM
ewainwright
Racer

In my humble determination, these cars are money pits. However, they will love you in return. I plan on being buried in mine. My significant other promised me that she'll do it if I bolt on anything else. Damn it, I want that Lindsey/Speed force head, with those hard pipes, and to stroke her to 2.8.

I am an addict so take this with some grains of salt. I would have a dis-interested party evaluate her. If she is worth it, re-build her. Like a good high maintenance lady, she take good care of you.

Sorry, I am in love. ed
Old 10-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Honkity Hank
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Brian You are too negative

I went through the same thing with the last car I sold, I just got tired of it but you gotta sell the sizzle, I read your ad and there was nothing in it that made me want your car, but a couple of things in it that made me not want it.

I took the liberty of writing a new ad for you. Oh and you need a picture taken in a cool place like up in the mountains or near a waterfall, helps sell the idea that this is different than the other cars out there.

Here is my ad for your car:
1986 944 Turbo (type 951)
Impeccably maintained and treated better than my wife. I loved this car so much that I have owned it twice! Bought it back from the guy I sold it to and have enjoyed it once again. Moving to the great white north (Alaska) and need a 4x4 now.

Beautiful Kahalari and Marroon Leather, exterior is spotless 9.5/10 and a 9.5/10 interior. 95,000 miles with recent service of all the vitals, everything works flawlessly, You will not be dissapointed with the look and drive of this nicely maintained and driven performance machine. Includes rare Fuchs and second set of Phone Dials all with high performance tires and lots of other little extras.

Brian, What do you think?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like an EBAY ad for a clunker, well done!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Honkity Hank
Pro

Yeh your right now that I read it again it is a little over the top. I guess that is why I am not in advertising!

I mean, who treats their car better than their wife???
Old 10-02-2003, 04:10 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Originally posted by Honkity Hank
I read your ad and there was nothing in it that made me want your car, but a couple of things in it that made me not want it.

I
Read my ad? I don't have it listed for sale anywhere. I'm not trying to sell it here or anything. I just had a friend who works on cars offer to get it off my hands. It was a bit out of the blue for me. For now I passed on the offer - I can't justify tossing away over $5k and only get 3 weeks of driving out of it. It's not as bad as I decribe it - but when you sell new P-cars it's hard to keep your perspective. I'll fix it and then try to sell it at a higher price and drive it while I do. I have a race car so maybe I'll just turn this into a track car that I can drive to the track w/o having to tow etc. If I get sick of it then I'll take my lumps and just get whatever I can for it.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Honkity Hank
Pro

I was refferring to Brian McCoy's ad, sorry for the confusion.

are all 951's going to end up as track cars? Mine is 3/4 of the way there, still steetable but really better suited for the track. Jsut wondering if ultimately most will either be not running or on the track with only a few on the road as drivers.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:18 AM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Honkity Hank
I was refferring to Brian McCoy's ad, sorry for the confusion.

No problem...

are all 951's going to end up as track cars?
It would be a nice way for them to ease into retirement!

Quick Reply: Am I selling my 951 for too little?