Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, I meant sans the M758 option code the 88TS had. Also, the M474 is more correct regarding the Konis as the M030 included the Konis and the sway bars.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Bengt Sweden
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have M030 with Konis and I don't like them. They are soft and after 100 000 km they are worn out ( play sideways). I put Bilsteins in my previous car and they were great. I will put Bilstein inserts in the Konis to keep the ride height adjustment. The bilsteins have a thick tube and the Konis have a thin solid axle which is much weaker and probably the reason for quick wear.
Bengt
Old 10-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately, the OE Konis are only covered by the manufacturers warranty (Porsche). If these were aftermarket installed Konis you could very well be within the terms of their lifetime warranty, and would be advised to pursue that claim.

The Bilsteins are a completely different design, so the physical appearance may well be very different. One of the bylines Konis uses in all media is that their strut rods are the strongest in the industry. Marketing hype aside, I believe the more likely problem would be with the seals and internal components.

If you change your mind, the Konis you have are rebuildable.

Good Luck!
Old 10-02-2003, 02:43 AM
RAPID944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Skip
fredis, yes you can use the inserts and yes they are single adjustable for rebound. Valving is optimized for 200-400 lbs/in springs, but also works well with standard ~160 lbs/in springs if used on the softest setting.

Good Luck!
Thanks Skip for mail! Will be ordering soon.

Quick Reply: wtb new shocks