Designing: equal length runner twin scroll turbo exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
I'm not using the stock single pipe crossover. I'm using a twin scroll design. I'll just let this thread die. It not worth talking to this group about it anymore.
I didn't say you're using the stock crossover. just used it as an example
I'm saying if you made a divided crossover, you can also put a head shield around that too just like the factory.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:41 PM
CO951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
If you guys accualy measure how long your crossover is with the headers its as long of pipe to go a few inches from the tip of the catalitic conveter pipe. So I'm using only a few feet extra. And my hand will burn off if I touch the gas pedal with my hand behind the tail pipe with a much shorter exhaust system. And I like less spaghetti noodles wrapping around the engine. Say what you all will, but like I said it has been done before with much success on longer cars. It's amazing on the skepticism of this bunch. I would think you all would have more positive criticism, and help give good ideas not shoot the idea out of the water without giving it a chance. Pretty sad group.
There are always some haters, but I don't think that's the case with this thread. If you look at you 928 head thread, there were some doubters, but most could see the advantage if it works and so were supportive. What I read in this thread is that you just haven't convinced anyone, that the positives outweigh the negatives of the rear mounted turbo in our cars. Will it work? Of course it will. I personally just see more negatives than positives with the design in our cars and would rather give an honest opinion that just be a yes man.
I like/respect creativity and innovation, that's how we make improvements, but not every idea is an improvement.
Good Luck!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:08 PM
slap929
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont get discouraged. If it is something that you really think is going to work, do it. Please report back when you do get it running.

Just dont go full Robstah... You never go full Robstah.

Quick Reply: Designing: equal length runner twin scroll turbo exhaust