Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Replacing Fuel Lines, Sanity Check

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 11:54 PM
NoRush993/951
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I replaced all the fuel lines last year and used the Porsche O.E.M. parts which took a couple of weeks to ship over from Germany. The hard lines didn't appear to be stocked by anybody when I was looking for them. So plan ahead. The supply hardline shows up as two pieces on the schematic, but was one continuous piece on my 86 951 when removed.

On a humorous note, the supply was leaking at the crimp in the engine compartment, so I clipped a silicone oven mitt around the line to catch the drip on the way to the shop. Not the best idea, but it worked for the five mile ride.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

After I replaced my lines my fuel rail started to leak at the seams. Got a LR fuel rail, aside from the injectors not staying in when removing the fuel rail, its pretty awesome. And you don't need that dampener fuel line with there dampener setup.

This is the configuration that LR uses.

This is a configuration modification.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:43 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lart offers outstanding fuel lines at 1/4 of the price of that SFR stuff, and they rock. He also has everything else for you. Send him a pm.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:59 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Lart offers outstanding fuel lines at 1/4 of the price of that SFR stuff, and they rock. He also has everything else for you. Send him a pm.
Thanks all, life's getting in the way again and haven't reached out to lart yet, but when time permits I will.

Quick Reply: Replacing Fuel Lines, Sanity Check