Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

what chips should i buy for my 951.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 06:27 AM
lsejnoha
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what chips should i buy for my 951.

Do you guys have any idea on what chip set or chips i should buy for my 951. This will be my first mod and i don't want to screw anything up. My initial plan is to buy a set of chips a 3 bar fuel pressure regulator a boost gauge. i also have a lindsey racing boost enhancer. Do you guys think i will notice a big difference because i think my car is already very fast for just being stock. So those are the four things I am going to buy and install. Am i ok here with doing that and only that for right now.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Kris H
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what your goals are. Many suggest what you've just wrote is a very good first step, with a better flowing exhaust as a close second, but if I were you I would address the handling first, then power. That means better shocks, springs, swaybars, torsion bars, geometry and such.. You may also think about some stealth weight reduction with fiberglass elements like fenders or hood.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really think i wasted my time writing this thread up.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ful-links.html

It's also a sticky, and a informative heading so you cannot miss it.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Alan 91 C2
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Pauly

You posted great work. Time not wasted!
Old 08-06-2015, 12:49 PM
slap929
Pro

How many times is this guy going to be told to read up and inform himself before he actually does that? Dude take a hit when it is given to you. Your previous thread shows the same thing....

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...orsepower.html

Pauly- That post is awesome and is very informative. As far as it goes with lsejnoha, an old quote comes to mind, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink".
Old 08-06-2015, 03:22 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slap929
How many times is this guy going to be told to read up and inform himself before he actually does that? Dude take a hit when it is given to you. Your previous thread shows the same thing....

Pauly- That post is awesome and is very informative. As far as it goes with lsejnoha, an old quote comes to mind, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink".
But it will lead Paulyy to drink. ..
Old 08-06-2015, 05:48 PM
KaiKai951S
Instructor

I have an Autothaurity 28Pin for sale if you want
Old 08-06-2015, 11:14 PM
zermatt944t
Intermediate

What year is your 951, depend on it, you will need a 24 or 28 pins chip. I have a 24 pins Autothority stage II dme and klr chips for a 86 951.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:53 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan 91 C2
Pauly

You posted great work. Time not wasted!
Originally Posted by slap929

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
But it will lead Paulyy to drink. ..

I forgot about that thread. good laughs.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:35 AM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you guys simply help him without the grandstanding?

lsejnoha - you will find this forum to be incredibly helpful, but you will also find people with vast knowledge that have no patience for people that are just starting out with one of these cars and start out asking the typical questions that new modders always ask. Some of these people are a turnoff (especially the ones that are PWI - posting while intoxicated), but if you can ignore the negative comments and stroke their ego a bit you'll get some really valuable info. Any time you post a question for modding advice, the two most basic things you need to include are your specific goals and your budget. How will the car be driven? Will it be tracked? What are your "driveability" goals - specifically, what do you want the car to be able to DO, don't just post some random horsepower number.

Also, you should really include your location under your username (so that if you live in a place with inspections, people can warn you what not to do, or direct you to a vendor in your part of the world), and you should create a "signature" with the basic details of your car so that people don't need to ask what year your 951 is, and any other modifications that it already has. There are significant differences between some years.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I would make the fuel lines your first mod. Replace them all, use the braided style going to your fuel rail with heat insulation on it. That's the best advise I have if your car is totally stock. Mod two is braided brake lines. Not sure anyone will disagree. Safety first! That's the first two thing I did with my 87 951 and 86 944. Then tend to oil leaks. The sleeves and seals probably need to be replaced on the front end of your engine, maybe rear main. Along with any Power steering leaking issues. After that then maintenance, wheel bearings, brakes, clutch, shocks, all suspention bushings if bad, and other safety related items, then address more costly mods.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Kris H
Instructor

+1 what Humboldtgrin said.

That might be the best advice you'll ever get. Without that these babies like to burn. Themselves.

And yes - reading thoroughly whole of paulyy's sticky thread (which is a sticky for a reason, not only because it being awesome - it still is awesome though) together with the linked threads will give you a much wider understanding of the 944, and will prevent you from.. well - much.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:01 PM
mdj577
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by lsejnoha
Do you guys have any idea on what chip set or chips i should buy for my 951. This will be my first mod and i don't want to screw anything up. My initial plan is to buy a set of chips a 3 bar fuel pressure regulator a boost gauge. i also have a lindsey racing boost enhancer. Do you guys think i will notice a big difference because i think my car is already very fast for just being stock. So those are the four things I am going to buy and install. Am i ok here with doing that and only that for right now.

I am pretty new to the forum as well. Read and re-read Pauly's thread. I think I went through it 10+ times before I did any engine performance mods, and still find myself reading it occasionally.

Few points:

1- People here are generally friendly and will help you. You will get far better results however if you research thoroughly first and then ask for their advice.

2- Read #1 and apply to all aspects of life.

3- Enjoy your car
Old 08-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Guys don't bother with this guy. not sure if he's a troll but probably is.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...944-turbo.html

Same thread last year.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:07 PM
George D
Drifting

What chips do you recommend?

Originally Posted by Paulyy
Guys don't bother with this guy. not sure if he's a troll but probably is.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...944-turbo.html

Same thread last year.

Quick Reply: what chips should i buy for my 951.