Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wher are all the grounds? Going to do some cleaning.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wher are all the grounds? Going to do some cleaning.

I recently decided to chuck many of the hodge podge of miscellaneous maf and other parts on my car as it just had not been running well. Just added a new Vitesse MAF system from John and I am noticing some changes in AFR and idle when turning on the foglights or headlights. Searching on here seems like it might be grounding. Since the car is almost 30 years old it seems like a good idea to clean up the grounds. Is there a diagram and hopefully explanations of locations somewhere?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 PM
nofalls
Racer

I used to have a power point presentation with pictures of the locations in the car in reference to the wiring diagram. Now if I can just find it again.

Ah ha... it was a Techoduck write up. Just as good or even better.

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...-interior.html
Old 07-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Thanks.

Can't find some of the grounds.. I just did the 2 that are up front on the frame rails, the one in the battery tray, the one next the jack. Some don't appear to exist on my 86, like MP3. I located what I think is MP2 which is under the drivers side dash and there are 2 separate points there although it is shown as one on the diagram. The diagram I have has 2 in the rear. I did the one that is next to the jack but can't locate where the other in the rear is. Also I know and can see the 2 on the top of the rear engine/bellhousing. those will be fun to get to. he diagram also says there is one called MP10 that says it is RHD firewall. Anyone got some specific location point for that one? Will some dielectric grease hold up well enough on the bellhousing grounds and not melt away? I have some Permatex liquid electrical tape. Can I use that on these ground points or grease?

Quick Reply: Wher are all the grounds? Going to do some cleaning.