Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by black944 turbo
Hi Jason, you were the one that suggested it and I must say it is the best thing I have done to the car by far!
Aww shucks

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 06-25-2015, 01:55 PM
mdj577
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
If you've got the money. KWv3. I love the way it drives. Previously i had koni yellow double adjustable front and rear, 200lb front springs and stock tbar rear.

The difference is day and night. It is so smooth and when you corner, the shocks just stiffen up and just turn.

Pauly-

I have seen you (and others) talk about KW's before. They seem very impressive and I read nothing but good experiences with them, except I saw a post discussing something about the lower mount points of the rears. They seem to be weak/break easily?

Did you install yours yourself. If so how difficult or easy was the job?
Old 06-26-2015, 03:03 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mdj577
Pauly-

I have seen you (and others) talk about KW's before. They seem very impressive and I read nothing but good experiences with them, except I saw a post discussing something about the lower mount points of the rears. They seem to be weak/break easily?

Did you install yours yourself. If so how difficult or easy was the job?
Rear mounts look pretty sturdy on mine.
Installation pretty simple for rear. remove old, bolt up new. I re indexed my T-bars but you can use eccentric bolt to lower the rear as says in manual.

Front i already had coilovers in so it was straight up again. but need to get an alignment after it. undo lower bolts on spindles. undo top mount and drop it. un do the shock mount bolt at the top (need spring compressors if factory springs)

basically KW have dual speed valving, compared to most struts. High and low speed valving.
The high speed valving absorbes the harsh small quick bumps on the road which give it a smooth ride.
The low speed valving slow movement so cornering (adjustable)

most shocks only have low speed valving so it cannot absorbe the small bumps that create the harsh ride. So you can have firmer setup but ride in comfort.

Quick Reply: Looking for some guidance on basic upgrades to 951 suspension