Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

installed M-tune..running pig rich

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 PM
Seattle944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, so I thought the engine was flooding out, turns out the bearing in the turbo was going out and at full throttle the car would come to halt. The wheel was hitting the side of the turbo. I previously pressure tested the system and found a one or two small leaks but nothing major as was suggested. Pulled the turbo, sending it back to LR (2nd time) to hopefully get it rebuilt. I did change the FQS before blowing the turbo and that didn't change anything in terms of A/F. Time to hurry up and wait I guess...
Old 08-28-2015, 11:39 PM
bajabluejay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

FQS to #2 tomorrow and cleaning my grounds. New O2 in the mail.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:24 PM
bajabluejay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bajabluejay
FQS to #2 tomorrow and cleaning my grounds. New O2 in the mail.
FQS didn't do anything. Back to 0.

Didn't get a change to go through grounds. But found two more vacuum leaks that I took care of.

Reset idle down from about 1k to the recommended 840 with ISV jumper installed. Was almost running lean at 15 at idle. But at high 14's I'm still getting a pretty smokey exhaust.

Will check TPS resistance tomorrow.

Hopefully Joshua responds soon, probably will trying calling during the week.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:31 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Static throttle cruising has gotten back to around 14.6. That's an improvement from when I couldn't even get above 14 with the car moving. It is a bit cooler here in Ohio now, so perhaps that is helping me out. But in my head I'd like to think my vacuum repair work had something to do with it. However, as soon as I get into the throttle I am down in the 13's to high 10's.
It sounds like your AFRs are really quite close. Maybe about 5% rich.
Moderate throttle should result in the car running around 13.0 before boost.
Only during light-load idle and cruising will the AFRs be in the 14s.

FQS didn't do anything. Back to 0.

Didn't get a change to go through grounds. But found two more vacuum leaks that I took care of.

Reset idle down from about 1k to the recommended 840 with ISV jumper installed. Was almost running lean at 15 at idle. But at high 14's I'm still getting a pretty smokey exhaust.
Definitely need to eliminate all intake leaks possible (including throttle body seals).
Running into the 15s at idle is not an issue, and is pretty typical with the computer adjusting the mixture from O2 feedback. Nothing to worry about, 15s at idle will not hurt anything.

If you are running in the 14/15s at idle, but getting smoke, then it is not from fuel... Oil, water vapor, coolant are all possible.

Finally, switching to FQS #2 should have pulled out some fuel. What is your fuel pressure? If you don't know, then put a gauge on it. Very typical for standard "3bar" regulators to run high, resulting in a rich running car.
If yours is adjustable, then just bring the pressure down about 5psi.

Quick Reply: installed M-tune..running pig rich