Small Business Partner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlsbergas
Just received my updated chip!
Glad to hear!

Originally Posted by ehall
Awesome! Way to go Josh!
Thanks.
About half the LR M-Tune owners should have received the update today, or tomorrow.
The other half is en route as well, and should be there shortly...
Old 08-22-2015 | 10:00 AM
bajabluejay
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Update:
Took intake manifold off, checked all vac lines and JB Welded the ISV. Put it all back and while the idle seems to be slightly improved, still same rich problems as before. Sent a note off to Joshua, and so the troubleshooting continues.

I haven't pressurized the intake again after patching the ISV, but will do to ensure there aren't any more leaks. Vac readings look normal, so I'd like to start looking elsewhere for solution. Probably need new clean plugs once I try some more things.
Old 08-22-2015 | 06:00 PM
944Phil
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed M-tune..running pig rich

My car is also running uber rich. I installed m-tune 2 summers ago. The car holds vacuum
Pressure, so no leaks. Also the ICV is deleted for the time being because it was toast. All the wiring was pulled and redone last winter, so I know it's in good order. I'm currently on FQS 2 (-3%).

On the track I burned 60liters (~15gal) in three 20min sessions.

My car has a new k27/6, running at 15psi. Everything else is pretty much stockish (wide fire, CEP rail,.... Nothing that makes it burn more fuel)

I'm would like to get the tuner/logger with the rogue ECU, but haven't been able to reach Josh. Does anyone know if he's on away?
Old 08-22-2015 | 07:15 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I believe he is just supper busy helping all of us.

I just got an email from him the other day.

I received my new chip the other day also along with my Rogue DME

Originally Posted by 944Phil
My car is also running uber rich. I installed m-tune 2 summers ago. The car holds vacuum
Pressure, so no leaks. Also the ICV is deleted for the time being because it was toast. All the wiring was pulled and redone last winter, so I know it's in good order. I'm currently on FQS 2 (-3%).

My car has a new k27/6, running at 15psi. Everything else is pretty much stockish (wide fire, CEP rail,.... Nothing that makes it burn more fuel)

I'm would like to get the tuner/logger with the rogue ECU, but haven't been able to reach Josh. Does anyone know if he's on away?
Old 08-22-2015 | 08:38 PM
944Phil
Racer

Originally Posted by gruhsy
I believe he is just supper busy helping all of us.

I just got an email from him the other day.

I received my new chip the other day also along with my Rogue DME
Ok cool!

How long did it take to get the DME? Did you contact Josh prior to purchase or just pay and wait for the shipping address to send your ecu after?
Old 08-22-2015 | 10:04 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

For me it was a couple weeks for the second chip once he informed us he was doing the change.

For the DME it was I think about 8 weeks. I was not in any rush.

I sent a second DME for a core for the Rogue unit as soon as I place the order.

Joshua has been waiting on me much more than I have waited on him It took me a while to pull the trigger on the M-tune hence the LR-M-tune and then the DME.

Ok cool!

How long did it take to get the DME? Did you contact Josh prior to purchase or just pay and wait for the shipping address to send your ecu after?
Old 08-23-2015 | 01:12 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Glad to hear!

Thanks.
About half the LR M-Tune owners should have received the update today, or tomorrow.
The other half is en route as well, and should be there shortly...
Are Lindsey kits being updated ?
Old 08-23-2015 | 10:37 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blade, as I understand it, yes. I would think you would have a new chip by now. Might be worth pm'ing Joshua.
Old 08-24-2015 | 07:59 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
blade, as I understand it, yes. I would think you would have a new chip by now. Might be worth pm'ing Joshua.
I haven't got around to ordering the M-Tune yet, the Lindsey ordering process for overseas orders is a bit convoluted.
Old 08-24-2015 | 12:17 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Not sure what kind of mileage that is - but for reference, my car averages right around 6mpg on the track at ~13psi on a T04E. (I turn it down for the track.) So I would not be surprised if yours burned a little more fuel.
Old 08-24-2015 | 08:40 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blade7
I haven't got around to ordering the M-Tune yet, the Lindsey ordering process for overseas orders is a bit convoluted.
Ahh, then never mind.
Old 08-24-2015 | 11:21 PM
944Phil
Racer

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Not sure what kind of mileage that is - but for reference, my car averages right around 6mpg on the track at ~13psi on a T04E. (I turn it down for the track.) So I would not be surprised if yours burned a little more fuel.
Ok actually that's not too bad. That would
Mean you'd burn about 2/3 of what I burn. Still the AFR is at ~10.3. The track I usually run at is pretty slow though, my average speed is about 65mph.

I sent Josh a PM. I'm excited to dial in the AFR.
Old 08-25-2015 | 02:42 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bajabluejay
Update:
Took intake manifold off, checked all vac lines and JB Welded the ISV. Put it all back and while the idle seems to be slightly improved, still same rich problems as before. Sent a note off to Joshua, and so the troubleshooting continues.
Can you resend the email (make sure you include your specific setup).

Originally Posted by blade7
Are Lindsey kits being updated ?
Yes, anytime I've made a change, LR has it as well.

Ok actually that's not too bad. That would
Mean you'd burn about 2/3 of what I burn. Still the AFR is at ~10.3. The track I usually run at is pretty slow though, my average speed is about 65mph.

I sent Josh a PM. I'm excited to dial in the AFR.
Replied! But, if you are seeing low 10's AFR on the original M-Tune, then something is probably wrong - like coolant temp, fuel pressure, etc.
With the Tuner, you can easily adjust for your car, but double-check to make sure you aren't tuning around an issue...
Old 08-26-2015 | 11:39 PM
bajabluejay
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

A little update while waiting for some communication from Joshua.

Static throttle cruising has gotten back to around 14.6. That's an improvement from when I couldn't even get above 14 with the car moving. It is a bit cooler here in Ohio now, so perhaps that is helping me out. But in my head I'd like to think my vacuum repair work had something to do with it. However, as soon as I get into the throttle I am down in the 13's to high 10's.
Old 08-26-2015 | 11:55 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

How old are the seals in your throttle body?

Originally Posted by bajabluejay
A little update while waiting for some communication from Joshua.

Static throttle cruising has gotten back to around 14.6. That's an improvement from when I couldn't even get above 14 with the car moving. It is a bit cooler here in Ohio now, so perhaps that is helping me out. But in my head I'd like to think my vacuum repair work had something to do with it. However, as soon as I get into the throttle I am down in the 13's to high 10's.

Quick Reply: installed M-tune..running pig rich