Need Euro washer tank.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 06:13 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregeast
It's doable, I think it's just annoying that something so seemingly simple is such a hassle. It's an odd shape that conforms to every nook and cranny so doesn't just pull straight out.

Definitely a lot of trial and error, head scratching, and WTF's involved. At least you'll only need to install it, I pulled mine b/c it was leaking so got to share the joy both coming out and going back in.
I agree. It isn't hard, it's just irritating. It was not designed for people with big hands. It reminds me of trying to fiddle around with the front yellow side markers, while the fender liner is installed. It isn't hard, it's just a pain in the ***.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:54 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes there is. Actually it is ROW as 87+ ROW cars had big new style tanks and no headlight washing system. Headlight pump hole was also blocked off.

As you wrote; "headlight pump hole was also blocked off".

In my opinion it is the same tank as used on every 944 with headlight washer system. There is just a rubber plug to block pump opening.
My son's 1987 ROW model came without headlight washer system. His car has much smaller tank, around the half of size compared to my US spec 1988 with headlight washer system. Might be possible that Hans installed what ever tanks were available
For example i have seen 951 S intake manifolds installed to 220hp 951's. For some reason all of these cars were US spec models...
To the original question, i suppose it is rather easy to find a correct tank also in the USA.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:36 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

George, it looks like lart has a few of them, if you need one.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:19 PM
snb13
Pro

I have one or two early tanks. One from an '83 for sure and maybe an '84. PM me if interested.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:58 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not going to clear my lights, and Derale oil (fan) cooler below. Another custom fab deal. We'll figure this out.

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
the early 944 had a huge washer bottle, way larger than the 88+. hangs down behind the bumper.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Need Euro washer tank.