Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Millers Oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:56 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
Another thing I like about the Millers is they have a nice little pour spout. Nothing more anoying to me than spilling oil...even with a funnel some oil container are terrible to pour.
The 951 is the messiest car when changing oil I've ever encountered to date. I've got a nifty claw removal tool that attaches to a long socket drive for the filter. Even when having a rag ready to cover the bottom, some spills and I always have to wipe up the mess down to the batwing.

I still use a funnel though. I've been driving the car daily when I have across town meetings to verify the temperature differences from recent past temps. Yesterday, never got above 200 degrees, and did have a few idle stop lights.

Have an interview with a local radio station that will be aired this Sunday on the Tucson Lifestyle show. Those living in AZ, or willing to get to Tucson June 5th. We're have a killer fund raiser at the FOX downtown.

https://www.facebook.com/LosAmigosDe...f=ts&ref=br_tf Check out this short Promo Video of ZUSA and like us on Facebook. This is our first annual event to support the FOX, downtown Tucson, and local charities.

This ZUSA show with Brody Dolyniuk is going to ROCK Tucson, and all proceeds go to this years charity as shown on the above link. Be fun if a group of Rennlisters showed up!

Thanks,

George
Old 06-05-2015, 10:34 AM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on how the oil performed?
Old 08-05-2015, 03:15 AM
Smudo
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 13 Posts

When to the track yesterday first time while using CFS 10w50 NT (was before that one but that was slow track and raining). It was evening and the the air temperature was around 22 - 23 C or 70 - 75F. Managed to do two runs, each around 15 minutes. Mostly third gear, with many 2 gear corners. A lot of corners thus much work for brakes and engine. At one point I noticed that the oil pressure while accelerating did not go above 3.5 bar (the water temperature at that point was almost 100 C or 212F. Backed down a little and used more 3rd gear and did not rev much above 5 - 5.5 RPM. And the oil pressure went up to around 4 bar. Driving back from the track it was around 4.5 bar as usual and around 2 bar at idle (when the engine has reached its operating temperature its usually around 3 bar at idle. It seems that I need additional oil cooler for track use as these engines generate a lot of heat when pushed hard. Have driven around 1500 miles since I put in this oil in the spring. Engine wise the car is stock (even has original head gasket and bearings with 140 t miles - will change them out next off season during winter with some other engine related work). It has A tune, EBC set at 14.5 psi and falling down to around 11 psi at 6000 rpm, 3 inch cat-less exhaust, including downpipe, Tial 38mm WG.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:41 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gruhsy
I am seeing 80 psi oil pressure with the Millers on start-up and 60psi to 70psi under load when up to operating temp.

30-40psi when idling when oil temp is above 190......which only happens when stuck in traffic.

Something is wrong with my stock oil pressure gauge, its stuck at 5 bar. The newer replacement pressure sender is not a VDO unit.
You may have already gotten this info, but usually when your stock gauge is stuck at 5 bar, it is because the wires are backwards/upside down. Reverse the wires on the sender and it should be back to normal.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:16 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

It was working for about 1 year and then quit. But still good info for the knowledge base for our cars

Originally Posted by ehall
You may have already gotten this info, but usually when your stock gauge is stuck at 5 bar, it is because the wires are backwards/upside down. Reverse the wires on the sender and it should be back to normal.

Quick Reply: Millers Oil