Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Parts Heaven Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 04:26 PM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 494 Posts

It was great to see all of u guys. I had a blast and am already looking forward to the next event.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:24 AM
JacRyann
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, how about some names/handles to go with the line-up above?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Dare
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on the far right, in the blue shirt.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 AM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JacRyann
Hey, how about some names/handles to go with the line-up above?
I'm the one behind the camera. :-)
Old 06-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Dave W.
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm wearing the straw sunhat.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:42 AM
PEvans
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm behind Dave, black shirt and white shoes.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:43 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Looking forward to the next meet. I should have my engine build done by then. Wait, when's the meet?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

By the way, Bill, how did you do in the concours? You were the only 951 I saw brave enough to enter, but not sure who they had you up against? Did you get a trophy?? You car has never looked better!
Old 06-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Tom,

After a week of washing, polishing, waxing, my car took a first! The judges were really cool and walked me through everything they looked for.

I have say the car is way more fun driving than spending hours in the garage rubbing on it. The real reason I entered?......so I did not have to park in the car lot...it's the truth, crazy huh?

I am bummed we did not get to chat more. I looked for you after you said hello, but you must have split. I wanted to ask you about your speedo correction. We need to hook up dude.

It was a great show with lots of great guys. Some really good conversations were had with Dave W a tunning genius, about having him fine tune my new MTune setup. I also met a really smart Cal Berkeley engineering student (sorry forgot his name) who may take on a cool project. He discussed the possibility of 3D printing a 3" factory air box snorkel, then using it to form the final snorkel in carbon fiber! This will complete my 3" tip to tail stealth MAF setup. Really cool stuff!
Old 06-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill
Hey Tom,

After a week of washing, polishing, waxing, my car took a first! The judges were really cool and walked me through everything they looked for.

I have say the car is way more fun driving than spending hours in the garage rubbing on it. The real reason I entered?......so I did not have to park in the car lot...it's the truth, crazy huh?

I am bummed we did not get to chat more. I looked for you after you said hello, but you must have split. I wanted to ask you about your speedo correction. We need to hook up dude.

It was a great show with lots of great guys. Some really good conversations were had with Dave W a tunning genius, about having him fine tune my new MTune setup. I also met a really smart Cal Berkeley engineering student (sorry forgot his name) who may take on a cool project. He discussed the possibility of 3D printing a 3" factory air box snorkel, then using it to form the final snorkel in carbon fiber! This will complete my 3" tip to tail stealth MAF setup. Really cool stuff!
First, congrats on the First Place. Your car showed all that effort for sure. A number of the guys commented that your car looked better than ever -- so good for you! My apologies for not sticking around. I ran across a few folks that I hadn't seen in a while and had to talk to about some official Porsche business Happy to get together anytime, and happy to make up a speedometer calibrator if you need one. The Cal Bear was Ethan -- part of a father/son team seen on the left in that picture above. Great guys (and Go Bears!).
Old 06-14-2015, 12:35 AM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,

Very cool. Put one together and I'll buy you dinner!

Ethan.....yes that's it thanks. My wife and I will attend a week long tennis camp put on by CAL in September (Lair of The Bear). Go Bears!
Old 06-14-2015, 12:56 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill
Tom,

Very cool. Put one together and I'll buy you dinner!

Ethan.....yes that's it thanks. My wife and I will attend a week long tennis camp put on by CAL in September (Lair of The Bear). Go Bears!
Deal. Will touch base off line....

Quick Reply: Parts Heaven Swap Meet