Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

The ugliest car know to man

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 03:01 AM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have an RX-8 in the shop that we are putting twin turbos on. At first glance I thought it was really bad in the styling department. But..........it starts to grow on you, sort of. He He. You can look at it from the front and it looks really agressive and sporty but when you walk around and look at it from an angle it looks kind of funky and wierd. The power is ok(at high rpms) and the sound of a 2 stroke bike at 10 grand is sort of awkward when you are driving a car. Rotaries.....they suck but they are cool at the same time. Sort of like the styling of the RX-8. I am sure that some company will come out with some cool body kits very soon and then everybody will want an RX-8;^)
Old 09-05-2003, 11:54 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Arrow

Odd looking car fer sure. But I give Mazda credit tor daring to be different even if it does not appeal to everyone. It's a better concept than several decades of xeroxed cars difficult to tell apart 100ft away.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Speedracer
Intermediate

The AMC Pacer gets my vote as the ugliest car know ever....yikes
Old 09-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

My question pertains to the Pontiac Aztek and the "new" Honda Element box-like feller. How does the Aztek sell a whole 10 units and get discontinued after less than 2 years, yet an even uglier looking Big Walking Lego With Wheels from Hondaland not only sells but garners accolades?
Old 09-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TurboTim
We have an RX-8 in the shop that we are putting twin turbos on. At first glance I thought it was really bad in the styling department. But..........it starts to grow on you, sort of. He He.

Yeah just like a wart. I'm sorry but I just don't ever see myself looking at that abortion and saying "ya know it's kinda purdy". Ain't happenin', no way.......I don't care how many turbos are on it.

As far as a body kit goes, it better be the Rosanne Barr to Pamela Anderson kit or it isn't going to help, IMNSHO.

Quick Reply: The ugliest car know to man