Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

KLR pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 03:56 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default KLR pressure sensor

For some time now my factory boost gauge has been off. When I put the key in it jumps to a position below 1 bar, every time. It's at least 1 mark low. I always assumed that the gauge itself was simply off, but I had someone else's KLR in my car a little while ago, and I had recorded some video footage from that. Looking back over it, I noticed that the needle was bang in the centre. Now, I did not connect the boost line when I tested that KLR, but I don't think that matters, since the KLR should have seen atmospheric pressure in both cases with the engine off.

Does that mean my KLR's pressure sensor must be wrong, and can anyone tell me what the output of the KLR to the gauge should be for atmospheric pressure, so I verify it? If it is bad, what kind of issues that might cause? I know the KLR is supposed to adjust the boost to match a predetermined boost/rpm curve. If anything, this problem should cause more boost than normal, since the KLR thinks it's lower than it really is. But is there any way that this could cause reduced performance? Thanks...
Old 03-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

This thread will help....
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...e-control.html

With the gauge connected, you should see about .45v on KLR-5 with ignition on and engine off.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:28 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
This thread will help....
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...e-control.html

With the gauge connected, you should see about .45v on KLR-5 with ignition on and engine off.
Thanks that's a big help. Cool project too!

Quick Reply: KLR pressure sensor