Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rebuilding my 86 951

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 10:20 PM
XrussianX
Pro

Received 395 Likes on 175 Posts
Default Rebuilding my 86 951

So I was debating LSx vs rebuilding the 4 cyl for a few weeks. And I'm gonna keep the engine, but I want to completely rebuild it and would like to bump the power a bit. I tried searching around for a good shop in Seattle area but every shop has some weird bad reviews along with great reviews.

Anyone here had any work done by Chris's German auto? They apparently build race cars so I'm thinking they know what their doing.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask if they know what Alusil is, do they have the right stuff to FINISH the block after it is has been bored, i.e. the correct stones, felts, and paste. You can do several things with the engine but getting the pistons first and knowing the correct tolerance to machine and finish to are absolutely imperative to long life.

Chris White has pistons to use, CEP, and LR can get Mahle oversize with Ferroprint Iron coating.

If you can't find a shop close, there is always a pallet, truck freight to San Antonio to Duffin Engine Service. Ask for Russell, he has done 9 engines for us and several on here have used him, even some guys from AZ, TN, FL. Good work and knows the bore and finish process.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding my 86 951