Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CORBEAU FX1 seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 12:48 PM
blitz951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CORBEAU FX1 seats

I am considering Corbeau FX1 seats for my 951 in the interest of saving weight and also because my seats are old and not in top shape like the rest of the car. What do you guys suggest? I want something that is comfortable for daily driving and doesn't take away from Porsche's excellent interior.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2003, 01:52 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

I'm not familiar with the Corbeaus but I do recommend you sit in the seat before you buy it.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:14 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

If they are anything like Corbeau Forza's, your chiropractor will LOVE them... I love them for the track, tho.

Definitely sit in them, ideally mounted in a car, before you buy.

Regards,
Old 08-28-2003, 03:46 PM
smokey
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Corbeau CR1 seats in my 951, and I recommend them highly for a combined track/street car. I bought and installed a Corbeau Forza seat, but one drive around the block convinced me I couldn't live with it driving to Watkins Glen (5 hours), so I returned it in part exchange for the CR1's. The CR1's look good in black with my black interior, they're comfortable for long trips, and they provide support on the track plus they have shoulder harness slots, though unfortunately not a sub-strap slot. They're not as good as a full race seat on the track, but a very good compromise. A fellow track-rat just got some as well, and is pleased with them. They're about half the cost of the big name brands, but they're probably manufactured in the same plant in Mexico because they look identical. I don't know the FX1 seat, but any full race seat is going to be a PITB on the street. It's been done, but I wouldn't try it unless it's a track car with a short drive to the track.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

i have a forza II in my car and a fx1 in my show room (we are the corbeau dealer for new york), i like the forza better but the fx1 has that cool sidemount feature... then again the side mount is an option which makes them more expensive than the forza.

the forzaII feels deeper which i like and is also 1lb lighter if that matters

definately sit in the seats before you buy them, remember that fixed back seats may not be the most comfortable seats for you daily driving.... they dont bother me much, and my girlfriend says they are the greatest seats in the world but alot of other people complain... that being said my favorite of their reclining sport seats is the TRS
Old 08-28-2003, 04:51 PM
blitz951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan,
Im currently in Whitestone, NY for a while so I will give you a call and try to make it out to your shop in the next 2 weeks. I would like to see these seats in person. Do you have the FX1 at your shop? How durable are these seats on average and isn't there an advantage to the FX1 since it is cased in the fiberglass as opposed to having a steel frame? What' the side mount feature?
Old 08-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by blitz951
Dan,
Im currently in Whitestone, NY for a while so I will give you a call and try to make it out to your shop in the next 2 weeks. I would like to see these seats in person. Do you have the FX1 at your shop? How durable are these seats on average and isn't there an advantage to the FX1 since it is cased in the fiberglass as opposed to having a steel frame? What' the side mount feature?
Ah well since you are in NY if you called corbeau they would probably have sent you to us anyway

I just got a red/black fx1 so you can sit in it and we also have some of the reclining corbeaus as well as recaro seats. I couldnt tell you how durable they are since the fx1 just came out a couple months ago and i just got the seats in my car over the winter, maybe someone else will reply to that one.

The side mount means that there are brackets that go from the side of the seat down to the floor rather than the bottom of the seat, the advantage here being that you can adjust the front/rear mounting height on the bracket to adjust the angle of the seat back even though it is fixed (to a point).

Quick Reply: CORBEAU FX1 seats