Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Super Mount semi-solid motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 02:01 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Mount semi-solid motor mounts

I need to replace the motor mounts on my '89 S2 and I'm thinking of going with the Super Mounts from Pelican, but at about $400 a pop I thought I'd ask if anyone has good or bad things to say about them first as compared with the (much cheaper) OEM mounts. I've read a few threads on this list from people who've installed them, not much from people who've had them installed for awhile.

They're going into a car being built primarily for the track but I'd like it to be "streetable", at least getting to and from the track, and if I get lucky from the track to a restaurant

The mounts I have in now are probably the originals. I just bought the car last August and it shakes like a wet dog at idle. I'm dropping the transmission next week to replace the clutch so I figured I'd do all the mounts at the same time.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who's tried the trick of filling the old stock mounts with polyurethane and re-installing them; good? bad? lame?

Any experience? Recommendations good or bad?

Thanks,
Old 01-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If they are anything like the Lindsey racing or CEP semi solids they should work nicely om the street aswell,
Old 01-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adonay
If they are anything like the Lindsey racing or CEP semi solids they should work nicely om the street aswell,
Never having used either it's hard for me to know if the two are anything alike.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Sixline
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

They are all essentially the same thing. I have the Lindsey Racing ones and I don't find the vibrations bad at all.

The ones on Pelican were cheaper than Lindsey Racing's at one point but for whatever reason have gone up in price. With shims Lindsey Racing's are cheaper.

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...-944MM-UM.html

Quick Reply: Super Mount semi-solid motor mounts