Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why?
Old 12-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Phil
Installed a short shifter from 944only. It looks very nice, but I will only be able to really tell when I drive the car. The service and shipping from 944only was very good and recommend them. It looks like there is some oil leaking out from the shaft where the shift linkage enters the transmission casing. I don't really want to break into the transmission right now, so I'm probably just going to leave it and keep an eye on the fluid. I'm having trouble uploading pics on the iPad so I'll put them up on the computer later today
Thanks for this. I had never heard of this vendor and have been looking for a decent kit for a while. I just ordered one after I saw your post.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2014, 09:16 AM
944Phil
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch944
I would recommend to never balance the clutch assembly together with the flywheel. If you ever want to swap out your clutch, you'll have a fully out of balance flywheel. Always balance your flywheel as a single item, same with any other item you want to balance!
Originally Posted by pole position
^ Disagree
Currently my flywheel and pressure plate are balanced separately. I can't see the downside. Actually I called a few machine shops and one of them said they wouldn't balance just the flywheel and I needed to bring them everything, but I didn't ask them why.

Update: the only thing left is to pull the engine out and then I can start the beautification process. I'm deleting the A/C, there are only about 10 days total per year where I want it and maybe 2 days a year that I really need it. It never worked anyway and I'd rather safe weight and make some more room under the hood than have A/C anyway.

Also I need to buy seats and harnesses today, apparently there is a big lead time on certain recaro models right now, and the pole positions is one of them.

Quick Reply: Phil's winter project