Sunset Online Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:21 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Sunset Online Ordering

Just got an email from Sunset Porsche, inviting me to register on their new online ordering site. I haven't checked any prices yet but I'll be glad to not have to go through the whole "email for a quote" dance.

www.porschepartshub.com
Old 12-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

awesome thanks for the heads up
Old 12-18-2014, 07:43 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, Sonnen Porsche has online ordering, and their prices are comparable. I've personally had better experiences through Sonnen. Their site is sonnenporscheoemparts.com
Old 12-18-2014, 09:58 AM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had such a terrible experience with Sunset's new website I was compelled to email them. In a nutshell, their new website will not let you look up a part by it's part number and if you search by year/model/trim it will bring up parts that are clearly not compatible with the car. As an example, I attempted to look up 928-105-509-01 (Tensioner Guide Rail for a 1987 944 S) was the website could not locate the part. Then I attempted to navigate through their system and was shocked when it would substitute 944 parts for 944 S parts (I guess because they're more common?).

The response I received from Sunset said:
"Thank you for the feedback, its just what we're looking for! In an effort to better our online system we would love to talk with you more over the phone to figure out exactly what you were looking for when you searched. Please email our site admin at alexmaier@sunsetporsche.com or call 503-641-8600 and ask for Alex Maier.

Thank you again for your input!

Porsche Parts Team"

No offense to Sunset, but I thought the purpose of online ordering was to preclude the need for a phone conversation?

Bottom Line: I've had great luck going to my local dealership parts manager and asking them to price-match Sonnen Porsche's prices. In the rare instance they can't match the price, they've come within 5% of Sonnen's price and I don't have to pay shipping.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:22 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

I have always had great customer service from Sunset as evidenced by their response to your email inquiry.

They are now offering a new way to order and just put up their site.

They want to improve and make it as best as it can be and asked for your direct input to the person managing the site.

Once again, that is great customer service.

Thank you Sunset for continuing to improve my buying experience!
Old 12-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
FWIW, Sonnen Porsche has online ordering, and their prices are comparable. I've personally had better experiences through Sonnen. Their site is sonnenporscheoemparts.com
That is great to know .. Never ordered from Sonnen ..... and they are a lot closer to me ...
I have been a loyal buyer from Sunset ..

Originally Posted by fejjj
I have always had great customer service from Sunset as evidenced by their response to your email inquiry.

They are now offering a new way to order and just put up their site.

They want to improve and make it as best as it can be and asked for your direct input to the person managing the site.

Once again, that is great customer service.

Thank you Sunset for continuing to improve my buying experience!
I have to agree with ya !
Regards
Ed
Old 12-24-2014, 12:01 AM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...glad to not have to go through the whole "email for a quote" dance.
You are correct sir - and good timing...Bruce

Quick Reply: Sunset Online Ordering