Mahle 104.5 8v pistons

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
I can have access to specialized workshops in Germany who do Alusil blocks with one hand tied behind their back, so if you are really willing to get a 3L block properly prepared we can always talk. Just saying.
Shop I choose over much research, destroyed my 2.7 block. Ill give them another shot since they owe me now and they are saying machine head failed and it shouldnt happen again.

If they destroy my second block, I would be very interested in your workshop..
Old 11-20-2014, 04:43 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lejams
Not in a position where I have to sell them, but thanks for the cheap shot.

$1,550.00 is a reasonable price.

Why? - Because it's what I paid for them/no profiting here, and because if you call Porsche Motorsports, who bought Andial whom I purchased them from, or call Lindsey Racing, at today's prices you will pay more. Two or three years ago, both Andial and Lindsey were selling them for $1,700.00 + freight. I don't imagine prices have gone down.

There are other piston options out there, but these are Mahles which as far as I know are still the gold standard for Porsche products.

I remember in the past you contacted me and wanted to buy them on the cheap. There are different mind sets. Just because you don't want to pay for them, or don't see the value, doesn't mean everyone agrees.

But hey, thanks for your interest!
I don't recall trying to buy your pistons "on the cheap", so I checked my posts relating to your pistons back in Nov 2012, interestingly on that thread in a reply to Chris White it seems like you said you would use Wossners if you were starting a new build...

Last edited by blade7; 11-20-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:12 PM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
I can have access to specialized workshops in Germany who do Alusil blocks with one hand tied behind their back, so if you are really willing to get a 3L block properly prepared we can always talk. Just saying.
How hard would it be to send you a block to get honed and lapped for a rering? Or should I just keep it stateside?

Quick Reply: Mahle 104.5 8v pistons