Newer Turbo's for 951's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:21 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
Waiting for ThePorscheGuy to send me the info on what he has and pricing. Are you selling the turbo only for $1000 or do you have anything else with it, ie injectors, piggyback, chips, etc etc.

Thanks
It is just the turbo. A full Vitesse kit goes for a LOT more(even used).
Old 11-15-2014, 12:14 AM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
I understand that I am not the first nor the last 951 owner that will prefer asking questions about today's technology for our 20+ year old vehicles, instead of sifting through outdated posts from 3-10 years ago that are no longer relevant due to companies closing, stop in production, etc etc.

I appreciate everyone's time, but there is no need to treat someone like a red-headed stepchild for asking questions in a forum full of knowledgeable people.

Thanks for the info on Vitesse, it's appreciated.
I don't think it was meant that way, just some context needed. You can get way out to sea with these cars, then wish you could put the genie back in the bottle. All of us could use some straight talk at one point or another - better to get feathers ruffled than have half your basement full of parts in a never ending adventure to put humpty dumpty back together again.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:00 AM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
I don't think it was meant that way, just some context needed. You can get way out to sea with these cars, then wish you could put the genie back in the bottle. All of us could use some straight talk at one point or another - better to get feathers ruffled than have half your basement full of parts in a never ending adventure to put humpty dumpty back together again.
Thanks for the advice, working on these cars can become a slippery slope indeed. I am hoping for a bolt-on and vitesse/lindsey seem to be the solution.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:32 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I kinda agree with him. Not to be a dick but there are soooooo many threads in here about this. If you don't want the hassle, just go Vitesse. They produce good results and are bolt on. If you want something a little more contemporary, go for the GTX or even the BW turbo, but be prepared to spend some coin.
+1 on this

If you see my build thread, you'll see everything necessary to run a GT/X turbo.

I know searching on this forum is crap.. because the search function doesn't work the way you want it. But i have taken some time to write up the modification sticky and has some useful links in doing the gt turbo upgrade and other alternatives.

Quick Reply: Newer Turbo's for 951's?