Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Heater core fan vents question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 11:15 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an 87 944 turbo and I was wondering if the two metal vent screens next to the battery/ fuse box for the heater core are suppose to have filter screens in them. Mine are just metal screens with no filter in them, I vaguely remember removing some old deteriorating mesh screen that was on the inside of the metal screen a few years ago.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
I have an 87 944 turbo and I was wondering if the two metal vent screens next to the battery/ fuse box for the heater core are suppose to have filter screens in them. Mine are just metal screens with no filter in them, I vaguely remember removing some old deteriorating mesh screen that was on the inside of the metal screen a few years ago.
I don't believe there was ever any fine mesh screen? I added a filter, and then some backing mesh. I guess these cars were produced before Porsche cared about cabin air quality
regards
Ed
Attached Images   

Last edited by Crazy Eddie; 11-13-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:03 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie

I don't believe this was ever any fine mesh screen? I added a filter, and then some backing mesh. I guess these cars were produced before Porsche cared about cabin air quality
regards
Ed
Nice that's what I'm looking to do. I could swear there was some of that dark thin foamy stuff Porsches uses everywhere for padding but it may not have been original and it was years ago so I may be mistaken. But it was similar to the mesh screen used on the back side of the stock front speaker covers, most times people remove them so if you have no mesh behind you cover that's why.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard of some people using Scented Dryer Sheets behind the screens, but they have to be taped in like Crazy Eddie shows. The 968 Heater Blower has the Filter Screens that can be replaced. Pelican Parts has the filter screens, Cabin Pollen Filter, 944.572.104.00.oem, $44.00 each.

Cheers,
Larry

Quick Reply: Heater core fan vents question