Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New 951 owner, intro, and timing belt progress, AOS?!?!

Old 02-22-2015, 04:45 PM
SummitP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, that fuel pump fuse gets me everytime. I think it did it like 3 times with the MR2 I had before. This time, I was like, "I'm gonna be smart and not lose this thing, so I will put it in the extra fuse holder." So then when I looked in there, I thought, hmm, no extra fuses laying about. Should be fine. Doh.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:34 AM
SummitP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update
Now that I took care of the pesky coolant leak, it was time to go for a test drive. After the exhaust heated up, the smoke went away. It's cold out here, but car ran smoothly and throttle response is great, much better than before. I am struggling to get the maf to fit without the rubber hose hitting the headlight linkage.
Going to drive it to work tomorrow and do a little fiddling around with the avcr.
AVCR notes. I have it set at .75kg/cm2, about 10.6 psi. Duty cycle is .45. So it is very conservative, but I hear that the solenoid is supposed to be noisy as all getout, and I don't hear mine at all. So gonna have to look into that.
My tial is setup so the line goes straight to the side port, and it Ts off to the NC port on the solenoid and out the COM port which is routed to the top port on the tial. Does that sound right? Time to RTFM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 951 owner, intro, and timing belt progress, AOS?!?!