Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

IN CAR VIDEO (New & improved!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Kris H
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Afair duke has a diffusor at the back and orca was equipped with a huge one. i'm also pretty sure i've seen some more a few years ago but forgot where..
Old 07-01-2014, 05:26 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Impressive would be an understatement.

It's clear even at the first corner on the warm up this car is generating some downforce (erm - alot!) .

Is the noise when you first start the fuel pump?

I can't believe it's generating one ton of downforce at the back. With whatever is in the front, you're surely making more than the car's weight. That said, I don't recommend trying any stunts driving on a ceiling!

Have you considered putting a screen over your front cooler? Out in the open like that seems risky. Obviously a screen would limit flow, but I don't know if you ever get rocks kicked up and whatnot.

Thanks for sharing!
Yes fuel system. We have 2 x 044 pumps and a surge tank in the rear. Also 1 x 044 underneath in stock location.

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Very cool video/car, regardless of driver

Unfortunately, the new system prevents edits to old posts so we'd need to call on Shawn to update the list with his special moderator powers...

p.s. is MoTec any cheaper down under? It costs more than most 951's in the states...
No worries Tom. Yes Motec is a definitely cheaper down here. Being country of origin I think we deserve to have just a few things cheaper than you guys.

Originally Posted by 951blur
I still think I am the only one with a rear diffuser. Sad thing is it really helps
I want to put in a diffuser even if only cosmetic as I think visually we need some balance. We have a lot of rear downforce but ultimately would want a working rear diffuser too. We are putting diffusers in the splitter too. Do you have any decent pics of yours?
Old 07-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 333pg333

I want to put in a diffuser even if only cosmetic as I think visually we need some balance. We have a lot of rear downforce but ultimately would want a working rear diffuser too. We are putting diffusers in the splitter too. Do you have any decent pics of yours?
A diffuser should provide more downforce for the entire car
Cutting into the bumper and rerouting the exhaust should get a little more room

If nothing else iirc the aftermarket FC rx7 ones fit but I question the effectiveness
Old 07-01-2014, 07:12 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing your car in person this December!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:38 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately it's not just a matter of slapping on some aftermarket piece. We have rules to work within which state we can't run a diffuser past the line of the rear axle. We've also got our fuel system in the spare wheel well and even though that's been cut and fabbed to remove about 4" it still impedes the line of a diffuser. We could make something up that could work around these constraints but to do proper custom job won't be cheap. We can run the splitter and diffuser to their axle lines respectively. This means that in between these parts the uncovered underside of the car is exposed creating dirty air. The diffuser 'might' clean some of this up, might not. With the rear wing overpowering the front in terms of downforce I am better off spending money on the front end than the rear...as much as I'd like to complete the overall Aero package.

The car will be resting on the hoist by December George. Pity you won't get to see it run.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love this video. I love sharing footage of your car on fb. It really makes the "JDM" worry that there's older cars better than their vtec burners.

I'm afraid that no one knows how old these cars actually are and and realise it has 8v and a torsion bar in the rear.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:01 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Thanks Pauly. When we look at the specs of some other cars and also the amount of boost they're running, it does seem amazing that we can keep up or even beat some of these guys. Have to say that I'm guessing that Paul is a superior steerer to some of our competitors too, which can't be discounted. Having said that, he was driving the Pulse Evo and while that didn't quite reach it's potential, for us to almost win outright on that weekend in our car is pretty incredible. If we can attract some sponsors we might be able to undergo a few more changes that would take the car to the next level.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Cyril
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome car Patrick!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:01 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Thanks Cyril...right back at you!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:48 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Thanks Pauly. When we look at the specs of some other cars and also the amount of boost they're running, it does seem amazing that we can keep up or even beat some of these guys. Have to say that I'm guessing that Paul is a superior steerer to some of our competitors too, which can't be discounted. Having said that, he was driving the Pulse Evo and while that didn't quite reach it's potential, for us to almost win outright on that weekend in our car is pretty incredible. If we can attract some sponsors we might be able to undergo a few more changes that would take the car to the next level.
Your car is definitely getting publicity. I'm forever getting tagged in pictures people post of your car.

Seeing as though you've got a head gasket issue and running 7psi less boost than desired.
Paul is a very good driver, But that pulse Evo has probably more dollars spent on it than yours.
When you look at the back you can see the tube suspension subframe.
I'm sure when you sort out the HG issue, you & Paul will do very well at 14' WTAC and hopfuly you do pick up a sponsor!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

Me like ...................
Old 07-05-2014, 04:39 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Did a bit of editing with some video I shot while walking around. A pro I'm not, but gives it a bit of an extra dimension.

Quick Reply: IN CAR VIDEO (New & improved!)