Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Finally selling my 951

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:23 PM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine has just sat in the garage since moving to CA. I've contemplated buying a different engine to return it to stock for the single purpose of get it through the smog referee. It would be a whole lot easier if they only set emissions standards, instead of emissions standards and dictating how you met them.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 PM
PEvans
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiletto
Well, it's been a long, enjoyable run, but my 951 is no longer welcome in the state of California (visual inspection), so I'm putting it up for sale to an out-of-state buyer. It's been a fantastic daily driver, and will be tough to replace.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...nia-buyer.html

Thank you to everyone here on Rennlist forums who has helped me learn to care for this car throughout the years.

Feel free to PM me if interested or if you have any questions. I'll post more pics after the holiday.

If you know, how specifically did you fail visual? Was it the MAF, wastegate, exhaust with Magna flow? Sorry, this for the benefit of the rest of us who at least think we are going to tough it out with our cars in CA.

The car is a steal. If I didn't already have one I would buy it. GLWS.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Stiletto
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PEvans
If you know, how specifically did you fail visual? Was it the MAF, wastegate, exhaust with Magna flow? Sorry, this for the benefit of the rest of us who at least think we are going to tough it out with our cars in CA.

The car is a steal. If I didn't already have one I would buy it. GLWS.
Failed visual for both having the MAF (Vitesse) and the exhaust (3" lindsey with aftermarket cat) installed. The shop really put the car under the microscope. PM me, and I can tell you what smog shop to avoid if you live in the Bay Area. I still have most of the stock intake plumbing (the stock J-boot crumbled like a cookie when I removed it), but the stock exhaust is long gone--pretty sure those are readily available on eBay though. In fact, all the 944 parts I have in my garage are also included in the sale. (garage clean-out, kill 2 birds with one stone )

I know, I know, I'm giving up too soon. Restoring these components to stock, quite honestly, is not difficult. Thing is, I've got a family now, a kid, finally a respectable job, all of which take up a lot of time that I used to spend under the car.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:05 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

reg it in Massachusetts.

no emissions testing or visual exhaust inspection after fifteen years

Quick Reply: Finally selling my 951