Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Also had them on our Citroën CX...
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Ahh the CX... I've spent many hours in the backseat of a CX during family holidays around Europe as a kid. It was always funny watching the hydraulic suspension drop to the ground when parking.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes, have fond memories of ours, also did many long european trips with it.
The adjustable ride height was a fun feature too, along with the globes displaying RPM + speed (this was one of the early '76 model).
Ah the good old times...
Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Dave W.
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks
Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

OH! HAHAHA! That's a good one!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:37 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
I've put many miles on a RHD car (Ford Falcon - great car, BTW). IT was an automatic, but for the life of me, I cna't imagine trying to shift with my left hand. I see your point, but it seems to me more often dexterity is required of the shifting hand, as most of hte time, shifting is done in a straight line, either under braking or WOT, rather than mid corner.

Perhaps a similar analogy would be a guitar. Right hand guitars require more dexterity from the left hand, which does all the fingering, while the right hand strums or picks. Left hand guitars are hte opposite. I can't imagine trying to finger with my right hand.......though when I play trumpet, my right hand controls all of hte valves.
Shifting left handed is actually really easy, I had it in no time when I went to Ireland for a while.

The really hard part is parallel parking.... I gave up on that very quickly.

And even worse was when a cop came up behind me on the motorway out of nowhere, it was a paniced two or three seconds trying to work out which side of the road to pull over to while trying to figure out why I was being pulled over. Then he passed me and kept going elsewhere.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:01 PM
ptuomov
Nordschleife Master

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

On anything that I have to think about to the point of writing a spreadsheet, my thought process is "whatever other people use in this context" -> SI units -> "whatever other people use in this context". Since I am going by high school physics and it's been some time since I was in high school, SI units are very convenient for me in terms of keeping the units, measures, and laws of physics are neatly aligned.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I use both but prefer the metric system.

Quick Reply: MM vs inch