Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

is this a original Iceshark battery kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:50 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
I can take a picture of the Ice Shark harness installed. I have two complete sets on both of my cars, both the battery and headlight/driving light harnesses with additional grounding. I don't think anything could be better than these kits,
Possibly on par, but not better.
lol, you guys are such cowboys, here is a picture of the iceshark kit here on the list, the Johnkoakawood are Mil spec, check the iceshark kit.
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, that is part of the complete kit, the battery part. Mine has quite a few more pieces, and I still say the one you pictured is on par not necessarily better. Of course either are better than stock.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

This thread had a good discussion about the iceshark/battery cables I thought (and my Iceshark cables still look new)...

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...m-memmolo.html
Old 04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
lol, you guys are such cowboys, here is a picture of the iceshark kit here on the list, the Johnkoakawood are Mil spec, check the iceshark kit.
correcto.... Mine actually has more pieces to it. Please check your "kit" its no where near to what you have pictured above. Please look at what i wrote and compare. Let me mentioned this that i failed to mention before. My kit has been installed for over 3 years now and its still looks new. That "kit" you have looks beat up specially with that exposed wire. Also have you ever seen a Ice Shark kit? please check current draw on the cabling.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:56 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by reno808
correcto.... Mine actually has more pieces to it. Please check your "kit" its no where near to what you have pictured above. Please look at what i wrote and compare. Let me mentioned this that i failed to mention before. My kit has been installed for over 3 years now and its still looks new. That "kit" you have looks beat up specially with that exposed wire. Also have you ever seen a Ice Shark kit? please check current draw on the cabling.
I dont know if we are seeing the same thing or is it that you are having trouble with your 1" thick glasses but the kit I have shown on the fist post is used and
it's was used for over 4 years on a track car. The cables are thicker and I don't see any exposed wire unless you are wearing microscopes and not glasses. The koawood kit has better cables.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't see the exposed wires either and the kit looks solid to me. That being said, the kit in my FL is over 10 years old and it looks brand new. The one in my CA car has only been installed for four years so not a good comparison, but of course it looks new as well. I am sure both are a fine upgrade, especially for what I am sure you are going to get rid of it for. It will be a bargain for some lucky guy.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

I dont know if we are seeing the same thing or is it that you are having trouble with your 1" thick glasses but the kit I have shown on the fist post is used and
it's was used for over 4 years on a track car. The cables are thicker and I don't see any exposed wire unless you are wearing microscopes and not glasses. The koawood kit has better cables.
Lart seems like your vision has failed you more that once. Your vision tends to get you in trouble.
Look at the ground cable on the lug side. does your kit include an upgraded voltage regulator, 2 layer shielding, additional grounds, supplemental grounds? Lart do have data on both cabling of the kits to prove your point??
Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
I don't see the exposed wires either and the kit looks solid to me. That being said, the kit in my FL is over 10 years old and it looks brand new. The one in my CA car has only been installed for four years so not a good comparison, but of course it looks new as well. I am sure both are a fine upgrade, especially for what I am sure you are going to get rid of it for. It will be a bargain for some lucky guy.
this kit came from a car that crashed on the track and was burned to the ground the only thing that survived was this harness which leads me to believe that it's made of unobtanium lets see the iceshark do that.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:07 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

With my one inch glasses i spy? please correct me if i am wrong
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That doesn't really matter on a ground. If a positive wire was exposed then you'd have a problem.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reno, that's residue from the adhesive in the heat shrink.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

While we're on the subject of battery cables, if one were to build their own, and they have a super awesome surplus shop in the area where they can buy almost any kind of cable under the sun, what would be the best choice out of the following three:

Normal Automotive cable
Marine cable
Airframe cable

Their temperature raiting increases with each one, Marine cable is rated at 105C and Airframe at 150C. That said I don't know if the airframe cable is made for living in an engine bay, or how pliable it is. I'm leaning towards the Marine cable.

Here's links to the marine and airframe cable where they list the specs, the automotive cable isn't listed on their website but it's in store.

Marine: http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/1awgb...bythefoot.aspx
Airframe: http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/1awga...wireblack.aspx

I love that store so much. I can literally walk in and leave with everything I could ever need (and usually some stuff that I don't need).
Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 PM
s14kev
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

this kit came from a car that crashed on the track and was burned to the ground the only thing that survived was this harness which leads me to believe that it's made of unobtanium lets see the iceshark do that.
Haha! That is gold! I just spat a Jason's deli sandwich on my screen. I will have to upgrade my iceshark cables now as a token of my support for your humor
Old 04-14-2014, 03:25 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by s14kev
Haha! That is gold! I just spat a Jason's deli sandwich on my screen. I will have to upgrade my iceshark cables now as a token of my support for your humor
did you get my pm? obo
Old 04-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Meine44
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also like to know the price of these cables.

Quick Reply: is this a original Iceshark battery kit?