Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

someone please change this guys title from "user" to "wastegate king" LOL
Old 03-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not going to use this as a opportunity to discuss 'what' we spoke about on the phone. Just know that I had to endure the same type of pointless banter with you as a result of customer support. Now, you try to enlighten others about the differences of a TIAL gate in a negative light.

I've sold MANY TiAL 38mm kits to the 951 community and ALL that followed the installation instructions have never had the problems you claimed to have had.

I will ask that you not include my name or make comments on whatever we spoke about on my behalf. I do not wish to be included in your discussion (s) related to wastegates.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:29 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pauerman
I'm not going to use this as a opportunity to discuss 'what' we spoke about on the phone. Just know that I had to endure the same type of pointless banter with you as a result of customer support. Now, you try to enlighten others about the differences of a TIAL gate in a negative light.

I've sold MANY TiAL 38mm kits to the 951 community and ALL that followed the installation instructions have never had the problems you claimed to have had.

I will ask that you not include my name or make comments on whatever we spoke about on my behalf. I do not wish to be included in your discussion (s) related to wastegates.
Im not trying to view tial in a negative light, but it is important for 951 owners who spend quality hard earned cash on wastegates to understand all of the concerns good and bad. unfortunately, tial has a key feature to be aware of. im not saying this is nessesarily a negative feature but its something that people should be aware about before making a decision. to completely shy away from the matter doesnt help anyone. Tial and LR are both reputable with quality products, under a fine microscope there are differences and concerns that get raised. its not crazy to think consumers would want to know what they are buying.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:20 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

you're kidding me right? every product as flaws. Could be minor, could be major.

I have a $300,000 machine sitting in my workshop. Highest model, Top of the line brand. Build in Canada using in-house made parts and outsourced parts from UK. nothing 'Chinese' so to speak. Guess what? It's has its own down times as well.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:30 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paulyy
you're kidding me right? every product as flaws. Could be minor, could be major.

I have a $300,000 machine sitting in my workshop. Highest model, Top of the line brand. Build in Canada using in-house made parts and outsourced parts from UK. nothing 'Chinese' so to speak. Guess what? It's has its own down times as well.
Im not disputing that products cant have flaws, im just letting it known that tial does have a factory leak, which might be a concern to people because a turbochargerd system is a sealed system, im not interested in your 300,000 dollar machine. I program, repair, and operate MAZAK Mazatrol Plus encoded machines everyday that spiral from $250,000 u.s. dollars to $500,000 or more. i fully understand that these machines have down time. but thats is also a completely different topic. it was a concern of mine that the pressure leaks into the exhaust valve. i was suprised when a Tial rep told me about this and that heat expansion plays a roll in sealing this. im not claiming one side or the other, justing getting the info out there.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:24 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

so should i let everyone know that in every Garrett turbo, if you have to much oil pressure going to them, oil will pass the seals?
Or use T-bolts instead of hose clamps because you cannot tighten hose clamps as tight?

I might change to a larger Turbosmart gate. Any flaws with them? LOL
Old 03-19-2014, 02:04 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Jeez , I leave for a few hours and all hell broke loose. Epic thread, in before the lock, lol. so Mahoney all the experienced you had came from phone calls, sad very sad. Can we be friends now? and put this stuff behind us?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:20 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

I don't know Mr. Mahoney their is empirical evidence to proof you otherwise.

I dont get it. WHO CARES........... your still the same joe sitting behind a computer with no car.... Focus all this energy you got into your hot wheels.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:07 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by reno808
I don't know Mr. Mahoney their is empirical evidence to proof you otherwise.

I dont get it. WHO CARES........... your still the same joe sitting behind a computer with no car.... Focus all this energy you got into your hot wheels.
Where do you conclude that i have no car? I dont want to have to rank you with lart lol Dont be a fool. heres 3 of my hot wheels lol
Attachment 817090
Attachment 817092

Last edited by mahoney944; 06-27-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 PM
TurboAngel
Advanced

As a temporary measure I'm using a stock gate with a known cracked valve seat lol. I have no cycling valve just a Lindsay MBC. Since the K26/8 I'm using is "used", I could'nt wait to try it out and confirm it was fine (hence the reason for putting back my old tired wastegate with bad sealing valve). I pumped in air via the diaphram inlet nipple and observed the valve opening at as little as 5psi....

I didn't bother hooking up a control line to the wastegate due to the known weak wastegate. I see over 1bar at 3200 rpm given the right load and gear ect... I know for a fact I could easily overboost my car like this. On a few occasions I have actually hit overboost protection (I think).

On my car at least, the exhaust pressure alone will not open the valve enough to prevent the turbo from overboosting. Further more I can not even hear the gate opening!

Anyway, my turbo is fine so will now wait for the TIAL38 to arrive...
Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
The only people that have come to "help" were people like chris white who for the record you asked to respond to this thread, not me. who responded with agreeance to me. i cant help if your go to people agree with me and not you.
Agreeance:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=agreeance

Quick Reply: Clamped boost line wont go over 15psi MODIFIED CAR