Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
Mate, your english is fine. I'm pretty sure your first few posts explaining how it works makes sense. to the point you need to repeat yourself you sometimes muddle things up. Including the frustration from this guy not paying any attention!!
probably a kid high in bath salts, I got to get some sleep. Let someone else teach this guy in a proper english I give up, I have a feeling mahony is not playing with a full deck of cards
Old 03-11-2014, 05:53 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

CAUTION!
Use extreme caution when driving the car with the actuating line clamped off. The overboost protection system is defeated by clamping the line. If the charging system is intact, you can overboost the engine and cause extensive damage.
this from clarks proves my point. its a warning not to drive the car with the line pitched cause over boost will occur, wheather your using a mbc or a cyclying valve pitching this line will cause over boost period.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:55 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buddy. I don't think YOU understand correctly.

The turbo back pressure (which is in the coressover pipe) is MORE then what is in the intake manifold.

That back pressure pushes the wastegate valve open. When there's a small about of boost. The valve opens slightly. Then the turbo spools up more, the valve will open all the way.
THIS IS ON IT'S OWN BECAUSE THE TURBO BACK PRESSURE IS PUSHING THE VALVE OPEN.

Now, The boost line that goes to the wastegate works WITH the backpressure. NOT AGAINST. If there's boost going into the wastegate from the boost line. It will make it EASIER FOR THE WASTEGATE TO OPEN

The sooner and easier the wastegate opens, the harder for the turbo is to spin which creates less boost.

Last edited by Paulyy; 03-11-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:56 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
this from clarks proves my point. its a warning not to drive the car with the line pitched cause over boost will occur, wheather your using a mbc or a cyclying valve pitching this line will cause over boost period.
OMG, that proves that you are missing marbles, nothing else.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:58 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

If there's boost going into the wastegate from the boost line. It will make it EASIER FOR THE WASTEGATE TO OPEN

The sooner and easier the wastegate opens, the harder for the turbo is to spin which creates less boost.
man you really are in special ed, ive only said this in my last 20 posts. you just agreed with me idiot lol

therefore ill repeat, running a direct line to the wastegate will lower boost, and clamping this line will raise boost
Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

CAUTION!
Use extreme caution when driving the car with the actuating line clamped off. The overboost protection system is defeated by clamping the line. If the charging system is intact, you can overboost the engine and cause extensive damage.
It's a caution because you have 0 boost control with the KLR. saying you may hit overboost.

In different weather, you car will either overboost or boost less then the desired pressure.

When it's cold, expect your car to hit 1-2 even 3 psi more then you desired. This is where the KLR steps in and says "ok to much boost, time to bleed more pressure into the wastegate to keep the engine safe"

you can overboost
and
you will overboost
have 2 different meanings.
you can means you might but probably not
you will mean you will.

I'm out. I'm tired of explaining this to you. you simply don't listen. I've build engines before, I've ripped apart my whole 944 turbo before.
I build my whole engine my self. including the custom exhaust and modified turbo mounts and modified crossover pipes.
I've bench tested my wastegate many times
I've ran my wastegate in 3 different port modes! 3 different ways in a dual port wastegate!! can you believe that?

And no you don't "Win"
because if you think you "win" go buy a 100% stock 944 turbo and try boosting it.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:05 AM
exp951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a caution because you have 0 boost control with the KLR. saying you may hit overboost.

In different weather, you car will either overboost or boost less then the desired pressure.

When it's cold, expect your car to hit 1-2 even 3 psi more then you desired. This is where the KLR steps in and says "ok to much boost, time to bleed more pressure into the wastegate to keep the engine safe"

you can overboost
and
you will overboost
have 2 different meanings.
you can means you might but probably not
you will mean you will.

I'm out. I'm tired of explaining this to you. you simply don't listen. I've build engines before, I've ripped apart my whole 944 turbo before.
I build my whole engine my self. including the custom exhaust and modified turbo mounts and modified crossover pipes.
I've bench tested my wastegate many times
I've ran my wastegate in 3 different port modes! 3 different ways in a dual port wastegate!! can you believe that?

And no you don't "Win"
because if you think you "win" go buy a 100% stock 944 turbo and try boosting it.
Pauly, why are you wasting your time with this guy? it's pointless .
Old 03-11-2014, 06:05 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

And no you don't "Win"
lol i do win because ive already dont this, 10 years ago. and i run 22 psi. you dont know jack
Old 03-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

man you really are in special ed, ive only said this in my last 20 posts. you just agreed with me idiot lol

therefore ill repeat, running a direct line to the wastegate will lower boost, and clamping this line will raise boost
Oh for F**K sake

We've been explaining that to you the whole time

Running a direct line will lower your boost to probably 5 psi. (depends on the turbo)

Blocking the line will give you wastegate pressure. In the case of a STOCK wastegate it's 10psi

In the original post, it's around 15psi because of the shims

That's it. I'm gone.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:06 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

If there's boost going into the wastegate from the boost line. It will make it EASIER FOR THE WASTEGATE TO OPEN

if your going to say this then youve just agreed with me.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:07 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by exp951
Pauly, why are you wasting your time with this guy? it's pointless .
Because i'm going to feel sorry for the guy who reads this thread and thinks this idiot is right.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Running a direct line will lower your boost to probably 5 psi. (depends on the turbo)

Blocking the line will give you wastegate pressure. In the case of a STOCK wastegate it's 10psi

yeah it runs probably 5 psi because thats the spring pressure maxed out. clamping the line will cause you to max out your boost gauge, give it a try. ive done this test and confirmed it.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:13 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Buddy. I don't think YOU understand correctly.

The turbo back pressure (which is in the coressover pipe) is MORE then what is in the exhaust manifold.

That back pressure pushes the wastegate valve open. When there's a small about of boost. The valve opens slightly. Then the turbo spools up more, the valve will open all the way.
THIS IS ON IT'S OWN BECAUSE THE TURBO BACK PRESSURE IS PUSHING THE VALVE OPEN.

Now, The boost line that goes to the wastegate works WITH the backpressure. NOT AGAINST. If there's boost going into the wastegate from the boost line. It will make it EASIER FOR THE WASTEGATE TO OPEN

the crossover pipe and exhaust manifolds are connected and utilize the same exhaust pressure.

go clamp your boost line and watch the boost gauge max out, enjoy
Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

the crossover pipe and exhaust manifolds are connected and utilize the same exhaust pressure.
Whoops that was a typo
Old 03-11-2014, 06:18 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Whoops that was a typo
just like your thought process

Quick Reply: Clamped boost line wont go over 15psi MODIFIED CAR