Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Do you know this car? Red Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 09:39 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Arguing? Just stating facts that I thought might be helpful to the OP. I am certainly not arguing with you.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:51 PM
darek_u
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

manhole cover wheels (god forbid)
I like this one...
Anyway, I appreciate this discussion however I have a feeling that we are drifting away from the main topic
I'm looking for some info regarding this car, regardless of the type of wheels it has on the pictures.
BTW. I put CS wheels I had in hand, they look way better than manhole lids
Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Look for the frame gussets. Those are the hardest to replicate if you are trying to "make" a Turbo S.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:19 AM
darek_u
Pro

Look for the frame gussets. Those are the hardest to replicate if you are trying to "make" a Turbo S.
I have these. There is no doubt this car is "true" Turbo S, it is even stated on Certificate of Authenticity. I'm just hoping to get in touch with previous owner(s) of this car to find out little more about it's history.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by darek_u
I have these. There is no doubt this car is "true" Turbo S, it is even stated on Certificate of Authenticity. I'm just hoping to get in touch with previous owner(s) of this car to find out little more about it's history.
Oops, that's what I get for not reading the whole thing! Sorry for the useless post.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:42 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Oops, that's what I get for not reading the whole thing! Sorry for the useless post.
Not useless, just uninformed

Back on topic, if I read your previous posts correctly, you purchased the car from a shop that acquired it from the previous owner? Have you asked the shop for a name/phone number from the PO? I'm 100% certain that they have the information, they would have needed it to do the title change paperwork. Otherwise, you've got a bit of a deadend, most state DMVs will not disclose previous owner information without a subpoena. Have you tried googling the VIN number? You'd be surprised at how much information comes up from that. Hopefully some of this will help in your quest.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

There would be a ton of club racers that would love to see the 030 option on a non S turbo! that way we could use bigger brakes in E stock!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:59 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
There would be a ton of club racers that would love to see the 030 option on a non S turbo! that way we could use bigger brakes in E stock!
Yes, please say its so. I have the brakes and everything.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:45 PM
darek_u
Pro

Back on topic, if I read your previous posts correctly, you purchased the car from a shop that acquired it from the previous owner? Have you asked the shop for a name/phone number from the PO? I'm 100% certain that they have the information, they would have needed it to do the title change paperwork. Otherwise, you've got a bit of a deadend, most state DMVs will not disclose previous owner information without a subpoena. Have you tried googling the VIN number? You'd be surprised at how much information comes up from that. Hopefully some of this will help in your quest.
I tried Google first - nothing pops up. I also contacted the shop I mentioned in my first post but the only info I got was basically the story about little fire in engine compartment, nothing more.

Quick Reply: Do you know this car? Red Turbo S