Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

BAD OIL LEAK!!! Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Porscheman101
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy BAD OIL LEAK!!! Need Help

Ok, so i was driving home last night and i pulled into my garage and smoke was coming out from underneath my car. When i looked underneath i noticed oil dripping rapidly onto my exhaust. After inspection underneath my car i noticed the oil coming from the oil pan gasket in the rear, right above the crossover pipe.

I am pretty sure this is the case, but can anyone else out there give any other ideas about where this oil could be leaking from?

I also noticed that the large steel oil return line that dumps into my oil pan has a broken bolt in the upper end. I take this to be extremelly bad!!! Now i have to take it into my mechanic to get this mess fixed.

So any ideas where the oil could also be coming from would help me out a lot.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Porscheman101
Instructor

Also, How hard would it be to replace the oil pan gasket. This could get difficult. Are there any steps out there for how to replace the oil pan gasket.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:16 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

You will have to clean everything up so you can ascertain to where the leak is comming from.Yes could be from rear or main crank. seal.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:25 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

try this www.clarks-garage.com
Old 07-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Porscheman101
Instructor

ok, I think i may have it down. Recently i changed my oil...and may of added to much. The oil level is at full at a complete rest but my rise as the pressure rises. The reason why i think this is because the oil seems to be coming from the black plastic piece where you put the oil in at the base. I am going to clean up the entire bottom of the engine tomorow, and hopefully i will know more. I hope to god i dont have to replace the oil pan gasket.

Also, do any of you guys have any ideas on getting the broken bolt out of my engine?

Quick Reply: BAD OIL LEAK!!! Need Help