Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post FS: 1987 944 Turbo Parts Cars - $2400 - SoCal

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (aka 951) Parts Car for sale - $2400

This is a project car / roller, color black, but with 85% of the parts included to rebuild. This is also a great parts car for spares or to part out and make a profit if so desired.

The interior is stripped and the motor is in pieces. The body is straight and in good condition. Many of the motor pieces are in excellent condition. See pictures. Here is a description of what IS and what IS NOT included.

Body
Full Body – In good condition, mostly straight, normal minor dings / dents due to age of car. For it to be nice would require a paint job but it cleans up nicely as a 10 footer. The front bumper has a tear in the bottom and would need fixing. Hatch glass is broken but spoiler is there. The rear windows are not installed but included. The fog lights are included but the glass pieces are both broken. Front wind shield is there but cracked.

Interior
Stripped, dash is there but large cracks, air bag steering wheel, both airbags present. Interior was originally black and tan. Only the dash, steering wheel, and driver’s door card is present for the original black / tan interior. Includes, if so desired, burgundy interior bits. Front power driver’s seat (tears on bolster / seat), passenger (good condition, no tears) seat, burgundy rear seat, rear hatch carpet, rear seat carpet, passenger carpet, door cards.

Suspension
All stock and all included – Brakes, struts, shocks, torsion bars, control arms, sway bars, etc. This is all original stuff but fully functional.

Motor
Block / Crank – Very clean, cylinder walls no scoring, ready to be built up, crank is very clean!
Pistons / Rods – Very Clean
Head – Very clean, needs slight repair to a cam tower screw hole (see picture)
Cam Tower – Very clean
Oil Pan – Extremely clean
Transmission – Non-lsd – shifts through gears fine
Exhaust – Cat back, headers and waste gate all in excellent condition – NOT INCLUDED – Catalytic mid-pipe, cross over pipe
DME / KLR / Wiring harness – Pristine condition, never opened / chipped
Power Steering – Rack in good condition, Pump included
Turbo – K26/6 – Excellent Condition – No shaft play

Also included and all in generally good condition – Fuel Rail (no injectors), Air/Flow Sensor, Intake manifold, stock intercooler, OPRV, Balance shafts, radiator, starter, containers of random bolts, screws, many labeled, 2 used water pumps, K&N cone filter, several bins of random parts (belts, pulleys, tubes), 15x7 phone dials.

Much of the plumbing, etc, is still installed, but many of the rubber tubes and such are now hard, cracking and brittle due to age and sitting out for who knows how many years. So, much of these type of items would need to be replaced.

Missing Items (NOT included in Sale) - Gauge cluster, mid-pipe with catalytic, cross over pipe, various interior pieces, FUCHS in pictures have sold, comes with 15x7 Phone Dials, no batwing, no stock injectors. There are probably other minor things missing

This is a perfect project car to build a race car or transplant a V8. I recently bought this as a project / spare parts car but no longer have the time to work on it so have decided to sell. Parting this car out could certainly make a profit. Any questions let me know.

Currently offered for $2400. Needless to say, it will need to be towed. If you want any additional details about any of the items, please let me know.

Will try Ebay next if it doesn’t sell here. If I don’t get an offer on the entire package I may part it out when I have more time. But, will create a separate post for that when that time arrives.

Located in Orange County, CA. The car is registered in AZ with a salvage title.

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Body / Interior Shots

Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Engine Bay Pics

Old 11-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Parts Pics

Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 11-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

In before the Lart...
Old 11-18-2013, 12:45 AM
944of_the714
4th Gear

If you don't sell it and decide to part it out, how much do you want for the exhaust manifold?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:35 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

phone # please will call you tomorrow
Old 11-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

All PMs replied.

Looking to sell as a whole package initially. I will part if it doesn't sell in the next week or two - but, that will be via a different thread.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-18-2013, 09:31 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Has the car ever been wrecked or is it a straight frame?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, it has been in an accident. It sustained damage to the drivers side fender and door, the bulk of it being the door. The door and fender were replaced.

I have a picture of the damage which I will scan and post. From what I can see in the picture, it doesn't look severe enough to have damaged the frame. I can't see any frame damage with my un-trained eye.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is a picture from the damage to the door / fender. The photo was printed in 2000. I think it has been a project car since.
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2013, 09:38 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

That does not seam to have got hit that bad it's more of a brushing. My next question is can " parts cars" be shipped cross country ??
Old 11-25-2013, 10:05 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 490 Posts

if you decide to part it out, i will descend upon your house like the vultures luis has nightmares about
Old 11-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
That does not seam to have got hit that bad it's more of a brushing. My next question is can " parts cars" be shipped cross country ??
I'm sure parts cars can be shipped... it'll just cost a little more.

A quick Google search returned a number of options -

https://www.google.com/search?q=auto...rchBox&ie=&oe=

I would certainly work with the shipper such as loading the car up with the parts for pick up. Let me know.

Quick Reply: FS: 1987 944 Turbo Parts Cars - $2400 - SoCal