Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wire harness rebuild parts (JohnKoaWood's efforts)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rebuild in a day? Are you talking running new wires to connectors, DME/KLR - re-pin and solder all new wires in? Man, that's good!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Lol, if all that is true you guys are defending a traitor ?
Harboring? No. He won't even return my e-mails anymore, and all I want to know is how he's doing.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pole position
Lol, if all that is true you guys are defending a traitor ?
That's not how I see it. Snowden is a patriot. The traitors are the higher ups in the NSA.

I think John was going through a divorce a few years ago, too. Poor guy. If anyone does communicate with him, give him my best.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
That's not how I see it. Snowden is a patriot. The traitors are the higher ups in the NSA.

I think John was going through a divorce a few years ago, too. Poor guy. If anyone does communicate with him, give him my best.
+951 The federal government is out of control. Snowden deserves an award and promotion to the head of the NSA.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ski
Rebuild in a day? Are you talking running new wires to connectors, DME/KLR - re-pin and solder all new wires in? Man, that's good!!!!
Ski:

Yes, but would be a good 12 hour day, say 8-8. There is not that much soldering with the three kits. The hardest part is pulling the new harnesses through the fire wall boot. I wasted a lot of time trying to pull the old original harness out. I can tell you now don't waste your time with this. It is damn near impossible! All wires are "sealed" with this glue like substance near the exit of the "elephant trunk" firewall grommet. I also wasted some time with the connector near the fuse box and hood open/closed switch. The instructions from LR are not clear for this connector. The pins they use are not factory pins and look like female pins but are in fact male pins. This is very confusing and caused me to take apart the lower female housing which is a big no no! If you do you will see what I mean. Everything else was straight forward and pretty easy. I like the new easy to remove connectors for the fuel injectors and several others such as ISV, knock, and temp sensors. They are very easy to remove and install versus originals. Be careful with the oil pressure sending unit. I created another nightmare here. The ground stud broke off my original trying to remove tiny nut. Installing a new one is a total PITA! You need a cut off or stubby 15/16th or 24 mm wrench.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's still helping people when he can...
Old 09-30-2013, 10:33 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

hes probably having a great time helping himself with ,my $650 dollars that he stole for the SFR IC i bought, lol

Quick Reply: Wire harness rebuild parts (JohnKoaWood's efforts)