Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

87 951 Clutch feed line question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:21 PM
NM'87 951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 951 Clutch feed line question

Here's my line. Doesn't look stock, and is super frayed. I called napa, but they don't seem to have the part even listed for a 944 turbo. Is there a specific part number, or can I just get some hydraulic line and connect the two?

the other end of the hose connects to the clutch cylinder in the same fashion, and runs from the brake fluid reservoir. Just replaced the bmc, so I'm going to fix this while i'm at it.

All help appreciated.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:25 PM
NM'87 951
Racer

Clarks to the rescue. No part number listed for the hose. Listed a price from porsche, and a price from paragon.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep, pick it up by the foot from Paragon. I am in the process of replacing my Clutch Master Cylinder and will be replacing this line at the same time.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:16 AM
NM'87 951
Racer

Also found @ Lindsey racing. They quote "Blue braided" line... where the paragon actually shows a picture of it.

Lindsey racing
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...81-021-50.html

Paragon
http://www.paragon-products.com/Clut....020.350.1.htm

For those who may search all this someday.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:45 PM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and if they search further, Pelican sells it by the yard

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...FILTER_944M2=0

J_AZ
Old 09-01-2013, 02:55 PM
NM'87 951
Racer

Went ahead and replaced the feeder line today. I am writing this AFTER checking that the clutch operates and seems to transfer the gears 1-5 and reverse. Tight fit, but easy enough to do. I needed a flat head screw driver (2 helped.. for pushing clamps around), I used a plastic grip pliers to help the line on the clutch mc, and 2 new screw clamps.

Here's the BMC reservoir, with the blue hose attached. I drained this mostly, and put a rag under the line I was going to disconnect.

I took off the hose by unscrewing the clamps at the reservoir and the clutch mc (follow the line, it's there), and gently pulling off the line.

The two lines next to each other. Yes, the old one is SOAKED from leaking.

The cause of the soaking?

Replaced the line on the clutch mc first (harder to do), tightened down that hose clamp (learned that if I twist the line towards me while tightening the clamp, the clamp doesn't run away from me as much). Had to cut a bit, to straighten the path of the hose.

I used the Lindsey lines... link below. I needed some help and space getting the line on the clutch mc nipple, so I disconnected some vacuum lines that were holding a booster, and easily reconnected the clamps afterwards. Took her for a quick run up the drive way (can't go far, brakes still not bled ) and it shifted good into 1st and 2nd and then back into reverse. Looks much nicer, I'll check for leaking in a bit.

Lindsey racing
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...81-021-50.html
Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice write up. Did you have to bleed the clutch after swapping the line?

I just replaced my master and slave cylinders today (and the blue hose) and am having a heck of time bleeding the clutch. Can't seem to get all of the air out.

Quick Reply: 87 951 Clutch feed line question