Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What is Dis-Car-Nect?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Grant27
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is Dis-Car-Nect?

So I found a small pack of 3 red pieces and 1 green piece that appear to be fuses of some sort. They are taped to a small piece of card board that talks about a Dis-Car-Nect system.

I found it in the glove box of my new 951 and I am just wondering about it.

From the info on the cardboard I understand that it cuts power if the starter tries to operate, but I don't know where the switch is for the system or the fuse.

There is a black piece of plastic attached to the left side in the glove box which I could understand that being the switch, but I am not certain.

Can anyone give me some info? If pics would help please let me know!

Thanks,
Grant
Old 08-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 113 Posts

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dis-Car-Nect
Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Grant27
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry but that still doesn't quite answer my question. I found those fuses but I don't see any system like that anywhere close to the battery. Does anyone hide them or integrate them into the car?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you google you can see it is a battery disconnect with a bypass wire into which you insert the bullet fuses.

http://www.motorspeed.com/sitepix/pr...s-car-nect.jpg
Old 08-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

I suppose someone could try hiding the system but for it to be effective you would have to run the main battery ground cable to wherever the disconnect was and then back. It'd have to be easy to reach so possibly under the dash or something. You could try following your main ground to see if it leads you to this disconnect. I'd check the positive side as well in case someone was dumb enough to put it on that side instead (inviting a major electrical fire.) It's possible in your case the disconnect was removed and replaced with a standard terminal.

If I set up something like this I'd consider a reset-able circuit breaker in place of the fuse and a small 9-12v battery pack to maintain my stereo settings the 30 or 40 times I'd forget I'd immobilized the car and tried to start it.

-Joel.

Quick Reply: What is Dis-Car-Nect?